New Govt takes away our right to see a G.P within 48 hours

why is it a "little lad" rather than a "drunk smelly old man":suspect:

I love the emotional blackmail attempts.

So many times within threads are these arguments used. I think personnel sentiments really stifle debate. :gag:

So many times within threads are these arguments used. I think personnel sentiments really stifle debate. :gag:

he would have done better with poor 5 year old orphan billy, whose only crime was he cared to much, tried to get an appointment within 48 hours as his head was falling off....

I think you should all sign up to my doctors. You walk in anytime during the surgery hours, get given a number, and wait your turn. No appointment, no "48 hour rule". Easy-peasy.

Compare this with my old GP. I rang up on a Monday - asked for an emergency appointment (i had tonsilitis). I was told to call back before 8:30am on the day i needed to be seen. So, I rang back at 8:00am on Tuesday - was told that all the appointments for EVERY Doctor in the practice were taken, and I should call back tomorrow. Called back Wednesday at 8:00am and was told the same thing. Asked if I could book an appointment for NEXT week - "Sure, no problem. Ive got Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday".

Oh, and I also agree with someone else on this thread who said they'd much rather be able to make an appointment for the future. I usually know when I'm going to need to see my GP, and for the odd times when I get something unexpected like tonsilitis, I know I will be able to be seen quicker, thanks to the abolition of the stuipd rule.

Another once chalked up for the current Government.

I have had exactly this issue with tonsillitus. I was well in the mood to get up at 8 every morning for 3 days in order to get an appointment. It would have been much easier if having rung on the Monday I could have booked for weds. It was insane!:loopy::rant:

added to that half the time they didn't turn the answer machine off by 8 so I couldn't get through anyway. I did get to hear their opening hours though telling me they opened 30min before I rang-brilliant!

Archived