Should David Cameron apologise?

Should Cameron apologise?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cameron apologise?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

for calling people "scroungers".

It is hardly Prime Ministerial language for a start. It is the sort of thing you would expect to hear from a pub bore or such like. Is this really how he thinks of his fellow countrymen?

And, if he really dislikes 'scrounging' why has he claimed 20 grand a year himself to pay off a mortgage on some posh house he has bought at the taxpayers expense?

I think he should be forced to issue a public apology for his choice of language. Do you?

for calling people "scroungers".

It is hardly Prime Ministerial language for a start.

Isn't it? It seems pretty unambiguous and to the point. What word you you use instead?

I think he should be forced to issue a public apology for his choice of language. Do you?

No.. why should he?

Isn't it? It seems pretty unambiguous and to the point. What word you you use instead?

If an employee of the DWP used that language (at least publically) it would be a dicaplinary matter. As head of the Govt. Cameron should have at least equal standards. I'm sure if he used a derogatory term for black or gay people he would get a lot of stick for it so why not this. It is a matter of simple respect and curtesy.

If an employee of the DWP used that language (at least publically) it would be a dicaplinary matter. As head of the Govt. Cameron should have at least equal standards. I'm sure if he used a derogatory term for black or gay people he would get a lot of stick for it so why not this. It is a matter of simple respect and curtesy.

So you can't think of an alternative that sums up his meaning adequately then?

So you can't think of an alternative that sums up his meaning adequately then?

The DWP call them customers. I guess claimants would be a pretty neutral and unoffensive term. 'Scroungers' is delibertely insulting and Cameron knew that full well before he said it.

Archived