Should David Cameron apologise?

Should Cameron apologise?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cameron apologise?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

for calling people "scroungers".

It is hardly Prime Ministerial language for a start. It is the sort of thing you would expect to hear from a pub bore or such like. Is this really how he thinks of his fellow countrymen?

And, if he really dislikes 'scrounging' why has he claimed 20 grand a year himself to pay off a mortgage on some posh house he has bought at the taxpayers expense?

I think he should be forced to issue a public apology for his choice of language. Do you?

yes he should apologise, and i agree on everything you said.....

The DWP call them customers. I guess claimants would be a pretty neutral and unoffensive term.

Both of which would be completely misleading, and not convey the message Cameron is trying to convey.

'Scroungers' is delibertely insulting and Cameron knew that full well before he said it.

No it isn't. Some claimants clearly are scroungers, some are not. To brand all claimants as scoungers would be more insulting, and considerably more offensive. The term "scroungers" is unabiguous and differentiates between those that are geniune claimants, and those that aren't.

You seem to be going out of your way to feign indignance despite no reason for you to have been offended.

Do you believe all claimants are scroungers then? If not, then you still didn't provide an alternative word that has the same meaning but somehow doesn't offend?

another thing, that party of theres have always been for the rich, well the conservatives especially, everyone below them are going to feel the pain of this stupid coalition, and everyone who voted for david cameron will be kicking themselves now,

I thought Gordon Brown had apologised to the lady he called a "Bigot".

Personally by telephone.

Cameron should do the same, that's right, he should ring them all up and say he's sorry, that should keep him out of the papers for the next 5 years.

for calling people "scroungers".

It is hardly Prime Ministerial language for a start. It is the sort of thing you would expect to hear from a pub bore or such like. Is this really how he thinks of his fellow countrymen?

And, if he really dislikes 'scrounging' why has he claimed 20 grand a year himself to pay off a mortgage on some posh house he has bought at the taxpayers expense?

I think he should be forced to issue a public apology for his choice of language. Do you?

Link please?

Archived