Should David Cameron apologise?

Should Cameron apologise?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cameron apologise?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Yes, I can see now how I should be frothing at the mouth and whining about absolutely everything for the sake of it. Silly me!

Well, you are frothing at the mouth and whining about the opinions of people you don't even know on an obscure thread on an Internet forum, so that indeed appears to be the case. :D

Well, you are frothing at the mouth and whining about the opinions of people you don't even know on an obscure thread on an Internet forum, so that indeed appears to be the case. :D

Utter nonsense. Please engage brain *before* posting ;)

No he shouldnt apologise...

Nobody should feel the need to apologise for telling the truth and if it upsets the people he was talking about... well.. tough!

. :D

So if he used the N word to describe a black man would that also be OK with you?

Nothing like calling a spade a spade. If someone is scrounging, then they're a scrounger.

I had an eye-opening 20 minutes queue in the post office on Angel Street in town this morning. Was it Giro day or something? A lot of unemployed people who apparently had "better things to be doing with their time than standing in this f***ing queue". So did I - I'd taken an early lunch. But I'd be interested to know what people of working age who clearly didn't work (judging by their conversations on job seeking) had to be doing which was do important. Sitting in the sun seemed to be priority. I couldn't think of a better term to describe this lot than "scroungers".

Looking for jobs perhaps? But then in your mind they would never do this and as you know them all personally you can be certain of it.

Care to explain why it's nonsense? (waits for more non specific bluster) :hihi:

I can assure you that my indignation against Cameron and all his slippery slithering creed (eg Blair, Brown, about face Clegg and many, many more) is quite genuine. I'm tired of their propaganda and misinformation, and what makes me feel especially jaded is that there are so many people out their like yourself who lap up their carefully orchestrated performances and sales pitches.

There you go.

So if he used the N word to describe a black man would that also be OK with you?

No, because the N word to describe a black man is derogatory to all persons of that race and further has no current definition other than as a slur.

Scroungers in this context however, is an accurate description of persons who fail to contribute to society and choose instead to support themselves by removing funds from society.

Remember, he is having a go (quite rightly) at people who are in essence 'defrauding' the benefits system (Benefit cheats) and not at those who are truly needy.

Hysterical nonsense are 2 words i would choose to describe your post as quoted in this reply. :D

And i make no apologies for it.

No, because the N word to describe a black man is derogatory to all persons of that race and further has no current definition other than as a slur.

Scroungers in this context however, is an accurate description of persons who fail to contribute to society and choose instead to support themselves by removing funds from society.

Remember, he is having a go (quite rightly) at people who are in essence 'defrauding' the benefits system (Benefit cheats) and not at those who are truly needy.

Hysterical nonsense are 2 words i would choose to describe your post as quoted in this reply. :D

And i make no apologies for it.

No he isn't. He was talking about ALL benefit claimants the vast majority of who are honest. He said it in the context of the budget and was refering to reducing the defecit by reducing the total welfare bill - ie the money claimed by all claimants.

Here is a full articale on his comments

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10356401.stm

And here are his comments

Prime Minister David Cameron has said the budget deficit will not be dealt with by "just hitting either the rich or the welfare scrounger".

There are three large items of spending that you can't ignore and those are public sector pay, public sector pensions and benefits,"

"There is no way of dealing with an 11% budget deficit just by hitting either the rich or the welfare scrounger."

At no point did the PM differentiate between genuine and false claimants.

Archived