Why do Man with Van responses never quote?

It's not only Van and Man threads, but they seem to be the main ones.

Someone posts to say, 'How much for a man and van from x to y?' and next thing the thread is full of responses saying, 'I've PM'd you'.

I've even tried posting to say, well, just give us an idea? and all I get is, 'PM me with what you want and I'll give you a quote.'

What, like it's such a secret how much someone charges to take a sofa from Woodhouse to Darnall? Or a bird cage from Fulwood to Firth Park? I'm only curious because of all the secrecy.....:suspect:

Yeah, I suppose I expect them to say, I'll charge you, say, £20 to take your bookcase from your mum's to your sister's, so then we can think ok, that's good value or no, we'll do without (or, alternatively, I might as well hire a van myself...)

Ps, or would they say £120? I guess that's the bit I don't know!

Someone posts to say, 'How much for a man and van from x to y?' and next thing the thread is full of responses saying, 'I've PM'd you'.

I've even tried posting to say, well, just give us an idea? and all I get is, 'PM me with what you want and I'll give you a quote.'

What, like it's such a secret how much someone charges to take a sofa from Woodhouse to Darnall? Or a bird cage from Fulwood to Firth Park? I'm only curious because of all the secrecy.....:suspect:

I use them a lot and would never ask for them to quote for a job before seeing it. Much the same as any other business, they need to see what is involved before giving a price. No secrecy involved to be fair, just the question 'How long is a piece of string?' ;)

Does it matter how you get the information as long as you get the information?

Or is it a case of wanting to create an open auction?

If you think their pricing is secretive.....

You should see what they get up to in the Masonic Lodge :gag:

Not sure what their pricing has to do with their social lives, but as a van driver yourself, maybe you could give us an insight!? :)

Archived