Accommodation in Newquay!!

Exactly, its full of stag/hen do's during the weekend and posh London/SE kids staying at daddy's holiday home during the week. Its tacky, crowded & overpriced.

There are much nicer parts of the SW to visit which have better beaches/surf/accommodation etc...

The area around Fowey is lovely or Ilfracombe/Woolacombe.

For accommodation try owners direct website for self catering.

has Newquay got that bad...I went many years ago and loved it..bit older though now. Just want a nice break with some nice beach's...heard south wales is nice as well though. may look there!!! don't want sag and Hen do's...

Its probably not as bad as I paint it. i just think there are nicer places which haven't been as spoilt in a commercial way.

South wales is fantastic, both the Gower & Pembrokeshire. Saying that I go to mid Wales (Aberdovey) most years and love it. I have 3 kids aged 10, 7 & 3.

Exactly, its full of stag/hen do's during the weekend and posh London/SE kids staying at daddy's holiday home during the week. Its tacky, crowded & overpriced.

There are much nicer parts of the SW to visit which have better beaches/surf/accommodation etc...

The area around Fowey is lovely or Ilfracombe/Woolacombe.

For accommodation try owners direct website for self catering.

Absolute rubbish.

I'm none of those, and go frequently. It's a great location. Yes it has nightlife, but it's certainly not Blackpool or Skegness.

To the OP, there are some really nice campsites (try Trevornick, just outside), which are very reasonable, have good beaches etc with facilities for kids. One of their Eurotents (prepitched, very high standard tent with loads of room) will cost you about £400 in July I think. You pay more for central Newquay but thats the same with any tourist resort.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just flown down to Newquay airport and stayed in Perranporth, a lovely little seaside place, it has a caravan park 5 minutes up the road called Perransands which i've stopped in before but this time we stopped in a hotel bang at the side of the beach called Seinors, it was £80 a night for a double room but a think a family room for 4 was £99. Price included breakfast which was a full english, salmon and scrambled eggs on muffins etc.

It is about 20 minutes away from Newquay but a lovely place and beach, lovely to take children. Not much nightlife at all e.g nightclubs but some lovely pubs and one on the beach called the Watering hole which has live bands on at the weekend and BBQ's etc, that was a family pub, we loved it. We didn't want to come home.

Archived