Liberal Democrats Pledge Not To Raise VAT

There was a LibDem MP on the news wondering what he is going to say to his constituents who voted him in on the back of LibDem pledges not to raise VAT.

Of course every MP in the coalition has got a ready made excuse every time they agree to a policy that they previously campaigned against. The LibDems can just blame the Tories, and the Tories will just blame the LibDems.

tell em the truth i think, along the lines of "we were so desperate to get into a position of power, because we would never manage it on our own, we agreed to anything"

Lib dems, hopefully, will be history at the next general election and maybe at the local elections as well. Nick Clegg will have his few years of fame before merging into the crowds and probably earning goodness knows how many figure sums in the private sector.

Lib dems, hopefully, will be history at the next general election and maybe at the local elections as well. Nick Clegg will have his few years of fame before merging into the crowds and probably earning goodnedd knows how many figure sums in the private sector.

yeah lets get gordon back with his borrow and spend like there is no tomorrow policy, and left not forget that his plans included a rise in national insurance which this government has avoided

unfortunatly, tomorrow has arrived!

Guest sibon
There was a LibDem MP on the news wondering what he is going to say to his constituents who voted him in on the back of LibDem pledges not to raise VAT.

I wonder if he will say "sorry, we misled you"?

I doubt it though.

I wonder if he will say "sorry, we misled you"?

I doubt it though.

Or "Sorry, I thought we had principles and ideals, but we're just as corrupt and power hungry than the rest of them. Can I have my £10,000 now please?"

Archived