Childrens homes

Lots of jobs or placement for a 16yr old the 13 may have gone into foster care if there was no relative, boy could have been sent to the sea training school,we had a 16yr stay with us for a few yrs that was 61 we had lots of spare bedrooms so the local social service's asked us if we could take someone in,it worked for all

Flyer thanks. I have been trying to find them for over 10 years now and as yet no luck.like so many others searching for residents of fulwood cottage homes.there was three children.michael aged 8 pauline aged 6 and also valerie aged 1.this was in 1950. SURNAME TANSLEY.

Flyer thanks. I have been trying to find them for over 10 years now and as yet no luck.like so many others searching for residents of fulwood cottage homes.there was three children.michael aged 8 pauline aged 6 and also valerie aged 1.this was in 1950. SURNAME TANSLEY.

Courtesy of Ancestry, I presume that these would be:

Michael D. born J/F/M 1942

Pauline Y.born J/F/M 1944

Valerie A. born A/m/J 1947

Have you contacted the Sheffield Star "Contact" feature, maybe if you gave the names and ages someone would recognise them.

Have you also contacted the Sheffield Archives to see if they could advise where residents of the FCH went when they closed.

flyer thanks. I have been trying to find them for over 10 years now and as yet no luck.like so many others searching for residents of fulwood cottage homes.there was three children.michael aged 8 pauline aged 6 and also valerie aged 1.this was in 1950. Surname tansley.

-----------

hi ya bacardi, can you remember what number house your

michael was in, although his name rings a bell.

I was in the f,c,homes from 1941/54, i was in number 6 house.

What about the sisters what house was they in.

Duffems as you are probably aware so many children are missing from Fullwood Cottage Homes.What if they had been adopted.There isnt any info on that.These are my mums siblings.Sadly my mum died aged 65years.She tried her best to find them.I have a copy of birth certificates.Their father put these 3 youngest children in the homes because their mother was dying.He was in the army.For reasons known only to him he never returned to take them out. The last known address that all lived at including children and parents was 26 Jenkinson street Woollen Lane Kelvin Sheffield S6.I dont know what web site would let me find that infomation out.Their mothers name was Laura Louisa Tansley maiden name Willis.Found loads of info on both of these as they were my grandparents.Herbert Goff Tansley was their Dad.He died in 1965.Their mum died in 1948 which was 12 months after the youngest of these three children was born.Thankyou once again.

Hi Brian 1941.I am sorry to say i dont know anything other than that these children were in the Fullwood Cottage Homes and their names and dates of birth.I also remember my mum saying she was in the homes as well in 1940 when she was aged 5years and then again in 1948 aged 12years.Her name was Enid irene Tansley.

Duffems as you are probably aware so many children are missing from Fullwood Cottage Homes.What if they had been adopted.There isnt any info on that.These are my mums siblings.Sadly my mum died aged 65years.She tried her best to find them.I have a copy of birth certificates.Their father put these 3 youngest children in the homes because their mother was dying.He was in the army.For reasons known only to him he never returned to take them out. The last known address that all lived at including children and parents was 26 Jenkinson street Woollen Lane Kelvin Sheffield S6.I dont know what web site would let me find that infomation out.Their mothers name was Laura Louisa Tansley maiden name Willis.Found loads of info on both of these as they were my grandparents.Herbert Goff Tansley was their Dad.He died in 1965.Their mum died in 1948 which was 12 months after the youngest of these three children was born.Thankyou once again.

I suppose you've tried to find Herbert Goff Tansley's family as they would know something?

Have you tried to find Tansley people who may have snippets of information.

Archived