Nether Edge Assault on Doorstep Warning.

mentally ill people are not all axe weilding maniacs, they are vulnerable individuals who need support and understanding NOT stigmatising!!!!

I used to regulalry get the Tram from Middlewood. There was a regular chap there who used to get the tram too. He suffered some sort of mental health problem, and as a result he was regulalry stood by himself, as everyone would shuffle away.

I had a good chat with him once, we talked about what sort of music he liked, and what he did during the day. When the tram came, he went and sat in his normal seat by the drivers window, and i went to my normal seat.

Nice chap, if people gave him the time of day im sure his social skills would improve.

Why have people rushed to associate this with it's proximity to MC. There are too many random attacks these days, and the majority are by Joe Bloggs with no known mental health problems, not people actively seeking help. People with ment

al health problems can live safely in the community, with the right support without being locked away. Has anyone seen the advert shown at the cinema? It's worth a look to open your mind.

I have heard tonight that this guy has been caught!!! any news...ps thank you fibble and stomp for your possitive views!!! people with mental health problems suffer enough, socially excluding them is just wrong!!!

Yes I am an England fan, but I do know that Netheredge Hospital (Michael Carisle Centre) seem to have an open door policy. Some of the residents there have quite severe mental health problems, but are allowed to just walk out it seems.

Well, since most are there informally and not detained under the Mental Health Act, they would be allowed just to walk out. Just like people in general hospitals. Stop trying to stigmatise people with mental health problems and label them as violent.

And coppers always tell the truth of course.

Under the new Ken Clarke "We can't afford to send them to prison" directive the guy will be back on the street knocking on someone else's door tomorrow night. We are heading for a long dark era where you have to barracade yourself in and lock up anything that might have value to you. Sounds like the old New York from the 80's

I have heard tonight that this guy has been caught!!! any news...ps thank you fibble and stomp for your possitive views!!! people with mental health problems suffer enough, socially excluding them is just wrong!!!

it was in The Star that someone was appearing in court charged with this:

Published Date: 30 June 2010

By Unknown

A MAN has appeared in court following a spate of incidents in Nether Edge.

Aaron Hill, aged 22, of Union Road, Nether Edge, is charged with wounding, burglary, attempted robbery and a public order offence.

The offences were allegedly committed in the space of two hours last Tuesday June 22.

Hill was remanded in custody and will appear at Sheffield Crown Court next week

Archived