Grandparents and grandchildren.

Mine does'nt even do that, son does everything in the house, cooks, cleans but that is his problem. How would it feel if you thought your grandchild was suffering from neglet?

Oh! Aries...sorry, just the thought of any child being negleted would bother me let alone one in my own family.

Well I'm female and I don't think my mum would have any 'say' in the upbringing of any child I had. Of course I would listen to her, ask her advice and consider her opinions, but I would also expect her to keep her nose out if not asked. The same goes for my dad and the in laws. They have no 'say' as it wouldn't be their child. The upbringing of my children will be the 'say' of myself and my husband! (We aren't married yet but we won't be having children until we are).

i just think different generations av different values not many girls these days scrub and clean and cook dinners most are happy shoving pot noodles and crisp down their kids grandparents come from a time when fast food was not an option and keeping a house spotless was a thing to be proud of, i think grandparents should be allowed more say they have years more life experence just my views

I think one of the biggest problems with society is what you mention.

There are women's roles and men's roles.

Some men/women will do the women/men roles in addition to their own. Many will do neither, with a common excuse being, 'I work' or 'they work'.

Fact of the matter is, people have always worked. Just because your a working bloke or bird, doesn't mean you should employ someone to do you gardening/DIY, cooking/cleaning etc.

Well I'm female and I don't think my mum would have any 'say' in the upbringing of any child I had. Of course I would listen to her, ask her advice and consider her opinions, but I would also expect her to keep her nose out if not asked. The same goes for my dad and the in laws. They have no 'say' as it wouldn't be their child. The upbringing of my children will be the 'say' of myself and my husband! (We aren't married yet but we won't be having children until we are).

I agree, my in-laws started to try and meddle in our parenting as our daughter is the only much longed for granddaughter and can, therefore, do no wrong in their eyes, so they have freaked in the past whenever we've had the temerity to tell her off when she's been naughty. They spoil her rotten and totally overlook our son.:mad:

Archived