Radio 4: Stuck up or a blessed relief?

BBC Radio 4  

48 members have voted

1. 1. BBC Radio 4

• Stuck up radio for folk who should know better
    • A blessed relief from the raucous noise elsewhere

I listen on the daily commute, and was treated to a bit of John Shuttleworth and how he'd do the Olympic opening ceremony last week at 7.30 - wonderful!

I feel its the last refuge in a dumbed down media.

Humphries was left completely dumbstruck wasn't he?

Im a big talk radio listener, i hate music stations and the din they make.

But radio 4 is not my cup of tea im afraid . Talksport for me all day (which it usually is ,as its on in my van , in the house and at work .

i love it

What sport/sports do you follow?

My parents were fugitives from another country. I was a young boy, nervous, travelling in the car towards a new home in a place I had never heard of before ... Sheffield. When I heard my first episode of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue I knew I was going to be happy here.

R4 everyday for me. Debate, information, education. If I want music I'll play the music I like thank you very much. (Although I do miss John Peel.)

:)

Hard core R4 listener for 25 years. When I've been on holiday abroad hearing R4 on the car radio as we leave the airport and head for home is a really special thing for me. Clue and News Quiz are streets ahead of most comedy on TV and Humphries is a legend. I also love Sailing By and the Shipping Forecast. Although I avoid Sunday morning Jesus stuff and all that poetry and the like around teatime gets on my pip a bit.

Archived