Nose bleed is it head back or forward..

Thank- you, you lot its stopped,

I hate blood and when it was not stopping i almost had kittens...x

Thanks a lot.....x

I always thoght it was head back...

And dont blow her/his nose for a good few hours or pick it lol.

Why an ice pack? the op didnt say it was swollen
The only way blood stops flowing is by clotting, so because Warm blood flows more than cold the ice helps it clot quicker to help in stem the flow.

Swelling is water under the skin and is a reaction to need of the body to cool the affected area so the internal rush of water to the area to cool it, so if it's cooled anyway by other means no swelling results.

Yep he is fine,

running around again with the dogs,

its funny really the dog came running in barking and its not like him,

so i went on back and saw the little one with blood in his hands...

So funny how the dog came in to me i find it so lovely...x

It's not quite the bridge of the nose, but the soft part.... glad it's stopped, my youngest used to have regular nose bleeds and it was worrying the first time!

NHS.uk:

The initial treatment for a nosebleed is always the same, regardless of what has caused it. The first step is always to stop the bleeding. The next step will be to consider what has caused it and what, if any, further action needs to be taken.

Stopping the bleeding

If you are having a nosebleed you should:

* sit down and firmly pinch the soft part of your nasal cavity, just above your nostrils, for 10 minutes,

* lean forward and breathe through your mouth. Leaning forward drains the blood down your nose instead of down the back of your throat,

* stay upright, rather than lying down, as this reduces the blood pressure in the veins of your nose and will discourage further bleeding,

* maintain the pressure on your nose for up to 20 minutes (time this on the clock) so that the blood clots,

* place a covered ice pack on your cheek to help soothe the area,

* avoid blowing your nose, bending down and strenuous activity for at least 12 hours after a nosebleed. Try to keep your head above the level of your heart for this time.

Archived