Nose bleed is it head back or forward..

Head back, as long as your concious, - never failed me!! forward it never stops, back its done in 5 mins...

It will stop with pressure whether you put your head forwards or backwards - the difference is that if you put your head back, any blood will clot at the back of the throat and is very unpleasant to get rid of - especially for a small child:gag:

I had horrendous nose bleeds as a child, and holding the nose, whether it be in the bridge or the soft part made no difference whatsoever.

Head over the sink until it had stopped - which it eventually does - always worked for me.

same here, i had some bad ones as a child and like you say, it was head over the sink until it had stopped. I used to try and aim the drops of blood to go down the center of the plug hole, or make patterns in the sink:hihi::hihi:

Head back, as long as your concious, - never failed me!! forward it never stops, back its done in 5 mins...

No, no, no.

Forward, always forward.

if you are swallowing the blood (as will happen with head back), not only could it make you throw up, you have no idea how much blood you could be losing, and whether the blood-flow is stopping. with your head forward, you aren't swallowing the blood, and you can see if the blood-flow is stopping.

Archived