How to cure spider infestation?

Get a hoover with a LOOOONG extension and hover over it until the suction takes effect!

But dosn`t the spider still keep living in the hoover?

Eventually it will find its way out(its the homing device thing again)

Only sure fire way s to splat em good!;)

But dosn`t the spider still keep living in the hoover?

Eventually it will find its way out(its the homing device thing again)

Only sure fire way s to splat em good!;)

I don't think there would be much left of spidey once it had travelled up the tube of a hoover.

I hoovered (well vaxed :hihi:) up two spindley large ones this morning....my maisonette has been beseiged with them ever since the contractors came and did the bathroom refurbishment. They are everywhere even a year on.....thin fine legs....little round body.....but a legspan of over two inches :gag:

I don't think there would be much left of spidey once it had travelled up the tube of a hoover.

I hoovered (well vaxed :hihi:) up two spindley large ones this morning....my maisonette has been beseiged with them ever since the contractors came and did the bathroom refurbishment. They are everywhere even a year on.....thin fine legs....little round body.....but a legspan of over two inches :gag:

They're daddy longlegs spiders and you should keep them as they eat other spiders. We get them here alot too.

They're daddy longlegs spiders and you should keep them as they eat other spiders. We get them here alot too.

As you were replying I was googling and came up with this.

Indeed they are daddy longlegs spiders. There would be nothing for them to eat here because any big spiders also go up the hoover :hihi:

• 10 months later...

I've got plenty of family who live down under, they tried sprays (like various people have recommended already) but they told me about a repellent thats a little more 21st Century.

They described it as a night light which will drive out spiders (or any other pests that invade your sitting room) out sharpish. It also stops them from settling down in your walls/loft etc etc by turning the wiring of your house into an electromagnet which will consistently unsettle the little buggers.

I'm currently on the look out for one so if i find one, i'll let you guys in on it.

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone.

Spiders have been one of the major problems of my life. I never could conceive living on a ground floor, let alone have a garden. After years of efforts and after becoming an adult I am now able to kill spiders, even the big ones, but then my hands start shaking for about half an hour. I know people in much worse condition than I am. This is just as an introduction and to say that there is nothing on earth more stupid than to say to an aracnophobe "spiders are useful creatures" or suchlike.

I imagine that to say to an Auschwitz inmate "the world is overpopulated anyway, so get over it" would have been almost as stupid.

-----

It is that time of year again, and this year has not been easy. I had to leave Central London for financial reasons; Central London has a lot of mice but no spider problems as mice are big spider killers; also a lot of old houses with wood structure, again ideal for mice.

I now live in a concrete building surrounded by concrete buildings, no mice at all but spiders do are an issue.

----

I am now preparing for war (and please don't joke if you don't know what it feels like) and would like to devote some time to try and help the other people affected by arachnophobia out there and exchange what I know on the matter, and learn new things about what I am doing wrong.

I'll not be short. I do hope this will help aracnophobes for years to come as information on the internet tends to get around forever. I pray that this may help someone out there to cope with the problem. I ask them to say a prayer for me, is this is the case.

Archived