After the cuts. Benefits of Austerity living?

Guest sibon
Thanks for that Bozo. The man is beyong parody, he truly is, like a Dickens character.

He's a Tory, what did you expect. We are all in it together, except those of us that are in a position of power and influence.

Does he not think that the people to whom he was addressing his message hadn't thought of the suggestions he made already? And it doesn't surprise me that he's fiddled his expenses - the sanctimonious are usually the worst offenders.

Well I've got a few suggestions for him. Though I don;t think the mods would take to kindly to having them on here!

Dead right. :suspect:

So how do the 'bottom feeders' as you so beautifully put it get to Sheffield High school then?

Do you think they enjoy 'feeding off the bottom of the pond.'

No one is stopping those bottom feeders from working 2 or 3 jobs, i remember my parents having 3 jobs when they were young so they can pay the house off and give the kids a good standard of education and living,

Money is not going to come to you if you sit and watch jeremy karl all day

No one is stopping those bottom feeders from working 2 or 3 jobs, i remember my parents having 3 jobs when they were young so they can pay the house off and give the kids a good standard of education and living,

The point is that the many of those who are poor do work 2 or 3 jobs.

An Iranian friend of mine who has 3 cleaning jobs is still officially classified as poor - and he works bloody hard.

A lot of people forget the working poor.

Have you not noticed that people are lucky if they have one job nevermind three.

Well according to the Beeb Budget calculator we will be better off... rampant consumerism ahoy!! :D

I've just had a look at it and frankly it's rubbish. They seem to think that you'll only be affected by the Budget if you have kids, drink, smoke or drive. No mention of the effect of 25% cuts in all public service departments except Health, that's certainly going to affect every one of us negatively in ways we can't quantify as yet.

To be honest it's pointless doing a Budget calculator until after the Spending Review in August (?). That's when we'll find out what the damage is.

So a law abiding low payed british citizen works 3 jobs to make ends meet, while a fatcat and his cronies dance around the law, break the economy they are professionally meant to protect, take the proceeds and the bonuses and they continue to spend as the tax will have little effect.

I really can't believe this country has stood by and let this happen and taken such a huge punch on the chin.

Those harking on about how the budget has left them worse off, oh my god are you going to get a wakeup call in the next 4 years. Right now you have lost some benefit, have to fork out a little more and tighten the belt a little.

Once this part is over, your going to need to get a smaller belt and put more holes in it, at the end of it, if your not working you will be starving. There will be no choice but to live within your means.

Anyone want to guess when the ration cards will come into place?

...Anyone want to guess when the ration cards will come into place?

Will they have pictures on them and will they contain biometric data?

I thought Dick Camel-Egg had promised to scrap them.

You'll probably see them around February:hihi:

I like your ideas. I think that a period of austerity would be good for Britain. The only problem that I see with that is that we would still have the big fatcat overindulged Tories who would think....HEY LOOK....LETS MAKE THEM ALL SUFFER AND HAVE MORE LOVELY MONEY FOR GREEDY OLD US!

That, historically, is what they do best. It is a real danger.

But it's not just the Tories now is it - the LibDems have boarded the gravy train, although confined to third class so far :hihi:

I wonder sometimes if anybody understands what austerity is. I mean really understands what the government is trying to sell to us. It means everything we take for granted will be harder for average people to obtain. Fuel, petrol, cars, clothes, footwear, furniture, white goods, electronics, holidays, bedding, toys, food. Everything.

This won't be like the 1980s again, a place even Labour were planning to take us with "cuts deeper than Thatcher". It will be worse. But take that list above and consider whether the better off in society will be still be able to consume. They will, and a lot of those people who can still consume will be the ones driving the rest of us into austerity living.

It doesn't have to be like this. Granted, it has to be tough but not this tough. The cuts are gratuitous, idealogically-driven, unfair and mean. And this is just the softening up for the main events later this year and in 2011.

Archived