Yummy Italian Food in Sheffield

Maltood

How is that place going? Is it just open thurs to sun? What's the food like? Prices?

It's thursday to saturday - no other evenings or even lunchtimes as yet... The corkage is £2.50 a bottle, starters were about £7, mains about £15 and the veggies are about £3 a bowl (no veg with mains) deserts varied, depending on biscuits, ices or a full blown pud! All in for two cost me about £80, which isn't cheap when you add the wine costs too, but the food is nice, it's not full of idiots taking up space (as many restaurants are at weekends) and it has a nice relaxed atmosphere...

I personally rate Gusto Italiano in the city centre though!!!! Love it, and love Bruno - Nonnas went down hill fast when he left all those years ago!!!

The OP has said that they like a lot of garlic etc, and both Buca and Gusto Italiano are Italians in the style that Italians eat today so might not suit... They still use garlic, but not in the 'garlic butter' and 'garlic bread' sense... Cars are always all over the place for the one that's on the corner of Broadfield Rd and London Rd though and that looks very traditional!

I quite like strada... I know its a chain but the food has always been good and its actually a family operated chain

Ooooh no - it's ok, but you could do the same at home with a few pasta packs and sauces from the supermarket - best to eat something made special that you couldn't do yourself if you are paying for it...

It's thursday to saturday - no other evenings or even lunchtimes as yet... The corkage is £2.50 a bottle, starters were about £7, mains about £15 and the veggies are about £3 a bowl (no veg with mains) deserts varied, depending on biscuits, ices or a full blown pud! All in for two cost me about £80, which isn't cheap when you add the wine costs too, but the food is nice, it's not full of idiots taking up space (as many restaurants are at weekends) and it has a nice relaxed atmosphere...

Cheers for that - yes certainly not cheap but think I'll give it a go one day.

Archived