How to avoid getting "lumbered" with unwanted guests.

I took my wife for a pub/ restaurant sort of meal last Saturday. It was a massive pub with a big eating area. We sat at a table for 4 people as there was lots of room. It was lunchtime, around 1-45pm.

We had settled with our drinks and had ordered food when a group of around 8 coffin dodgers walked into the pub. My wife and I had been working all week and just wished to sit and eat avoiding each others company, yet aware of its presence for a while. (couples who have been together for some years will comprehend that:hihi:)

Anyhow to cut a long story short, although there were many spare seats in the pub the coffin dodgers attempted to encroach upon us . Before they sat down however I begun making high pitched noises and flailing my arms. It worked! They about turned and sat elsewhere believing that I was a looney!:suspect:

Clever :hihi:

I use the diseased manoeuvre - I have the grottiest tissue you have ever seen in your life screwed up in my bag. If we are ever approached, I pull out said tissue, blow my nose as loudly as I can then sniff and do that groany sigh that you do when you are dying of flu ....works every time :D

Archived