Should fox hunting be banned....

Fox Hunting  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Fox Hunting

• It should be banned
    • It should NOT be banned
    • Couldn't care less.

The ones responsible for foxes killing a coup full of chickins are the people who stuffed the chickins in there in the first place, and that extends to anyone who eats eggs.

The ones responsible for foxes eating lambs are the people who built the sterile shelterless fields sheep spend their short lives in, and that extends to anyone who eats lamb/mutton.

If we’re going to exploit other animals for our pleasures and pervert nature then bad things will happen. Foxes cant be blamed for following their instincts in a world much different to the one they evolved in.

Originally posted by serapis

Good question, I heard that many more foxes are killed on our roads than where killed by hounds. Should we ban the car for this reason too?

It's unreasonable to compare the two. The car hasn't chased the fox to the point of terror and exhaustion for several miles before ending it's life.

Originally posted by TimmyR

I think it should be banned, but fail completely to understand why they bothered. Its not like it was going to win them any votes. And there were much more important issues to attend to at the time. It was all a bit OTT really.

It is because they can't see the harm in it. It is a day out in the country socializing with their friends to them!

Originally posted by Norbert

The ones responsible for foxes killing a coup full of chickins are the people who stuffed the chickins in there in the first place, and that extends to anyone who eats eggs.

The ones responsible for foxes eating lambs are the people who built the sterile shelterless fields sheep spend their short lives in, and that extends to anyone who eats lamb/mutton.

If we’re going to exploit other animals for our pleasures and pervert nature then bad things will happen. Foxes cant be blamed for following their instincts in a world much different to the one they evolved in.

I have my own chickens and it is a myth that a fox will go into a coup and kill every single chicken just for the sake of it. My chickens have room to peck and scratch and shelter for the night. When I lived in England I lost one or two chickens over the years but a fox will only take one, if the others get killed it is because the are in a tiny pen and get killed in the frenzy.

Foxes like so many animals have had to adapt to their natural habitat being destroyed by humans. Animals that become 'pests' e.g pigeons are there because we put them there in the first place!

Originally posted by tulip

I have my own chickens and it is a myth that a fox will go into a coup and kill every single chicken just for the sake of it.

Well I'll be, it turns out we were visited by a mythological fox. Dad'll be well impressed that we got a mythological one and not just a regular one.

Archived