Should fox hunting be banned....

Fox Hunting  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Fox Hunting

• It should be banned
    • It should NOT be banned
    • Couldn't care less.

Originally posted by tulip

I don't have two chickens in a coupe! You are the one making assumptions here. We also have wolves and coyotes to contend with now and we manage to live without hunting them down with a pack of badly treated baying hounds.

Don't go on the attack and patronize people before you know who they are!

:|

I dont know about your specific state, but I do know fox hunting is legal in America.

Originally posted by Fishpole

It's a wonder how they ever get away in that case and yet its claimed that they are rarely caught during a hunt. It's hardly surprising us "antis" are "ill educated" with such conflicting claims coming from the pro's!

If a fox gets away, i.e goes to ground then most hunts would give up. Some will then dig the fox out and shoot it if the land owner wishes. Usually if the fox has been a real pest. So many DO infact escape.

Originally posted by willman

the hounds aren't badly treat, it is not in the interest of the hunt for them to be.

they will benow though when they have to be culled to reduce the numbers.

hounds are pack dogs & by nature are not inherently suitable for pets.

this isn't an attack on anyone person, however large owners of sheep,chickens, pheasants never want to ban hunting.

the only people who do are those that may have a little smallholding or a big soft heart.

It is in the interest of the hunt! Do you know why people want to breed pheasants? I would say the fox had as much right to eat the pheasant as anyone else. The foxes natural habitat is growing smaller - they need to eat.

Are there any REAL farmers on here who can comment? The real farmers will be out working though won't they?

It is in the interest of the hunt! Do you know why people want to breed pheasants? I would say the fox had as much right to eat the pheasant as anyone else. The foxes natural habitat is growing smaller - they need to eat.

Are there any REAL farmers on here who can comment? The real farmers will be out working though won't they?

My parents own a farm down south and so do uncles and aunts, so i'm not a farmer but i'm as close as we will probably get here! That and Swan_Vesta that is.

Funny how the two guys who come from a farming background back fox hunting!

Originally posted by Swan_Vesta

This is why foxes are vermin and why they need to be controlled be that through hunting or through shooting them. Either way the end result is the same.

The end result may be the same, but if some foxes do have to be killed then shooting would be far preferable and humane than hunting, partly because it would make it solely a pest control exercise, whereas with hunting the hunts deliberately increased the fox population in certain areas in order to provide more foxes to hunt down.

I also think that there is something wrong with encouraging people to take delight in the killing of an animal, and if they must be killed then shooting would be much less bad than gleefully hunting it down and killing it for a thrill.

Originally posted by Patchy

The end result may be the same, but if some foxes do have to be killed then shooting would be far preferable and humane than hunting, partly because it would make it solely a pest control exercise, whereas with hunting the hunts deliberately increased the fox population in certain areas in order to provide more foxes to hunt down.

I also think that there is something wrong with encouraging people to take delight in the killing of an animal, and if they must be killed then shooting would be much less bad than gleefully hunting it down and killing it for a thrill.

I can see your point but this is a typical human response. Shooting might sound better and takes away the hunting aspect but it does mean more suffering for the fox. 100% of foxes caught by a hunt will die within seconds, no marksman can say the same thing for shooting. A fox that has been shot can live for hours and die in sever prolonged pain!

Originally posted by Patchy

do non shooters etc realise the brutality of shooting running animals. the shooters would need to be SAS standard to hit foxes bolting & kill it dead first shot. the damage & suffering inflicted is worse IMO than hounds.

mis treatment of the HOunds is not in the interest of the hunt, the pack master would be sacked for abusing the pack dogs.

Originally posted by serapis

My parents own a farm down south and so do uncles and aunts, so i'm not a farmer but i'm as close as we will probably get here! That and Swan_Vesta that is.

Funny how the two guys who come from a farming background back fox hunting!

It is strange I agree. I'm just going to tell my neighbour that he is a silly billy who doesn't know what he's doing. He is a sheep farmer AND he has more than two sheep in his pen at the moment:clap: Then I'll pop up the road to the daft dairy farmer and tell her that we have to get a pack of dogs together - it's the only way to stop the foxes & coyotes but she will have to supply the champagne because it was my idea! I know I really got the idea from two people from a farming background on SF but they will never know:rolleyes:

It is strange I agree. I'm just going to tell my neighbour that he is a silly billy who doesn't know what he's doing. He is a sheep farmer AND he has more than two sheep in his pen at the moment:clap: Then I'll pop up the road to the daft dairy farmer and tell her that we have to get a pack of dogs together - it's the only way to stop the foxes & coyotes but she will have to supply the champagne because it was my idea! I know I really got the idea from two people from a farming background on SF but they will never know:rolleyes:

we dont have coyotes in uk.

foxes aren't renowned for attacking cattle in the uk.

pheasant are bred for food in the uk.in answer to your earlier question.

Archived