Should fox hunting be banned....

Fox Hunting  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Fox Hunting

• It should be banned
    • It should NOT be banned
    • Couldn't care less.

Originally posted by willman

do non shooters etc realise the brutality of shooting running animals. the shooters would need to be SAS standard to hit foxes bolting & kill it dead first shot. the damage & suffering inflicted is worse IMO than hounds.

mis treatment of the HOunds is not in the interest of the hunt, the pack master would be sacked for abusing the pack dogs.

:D that's another good bit of advice to pass on to my neighbours:thumbsup:

It is impossible to gain an insight into the mind of someone who enjoys this sport.

There is no point in arguing or explaining anything to them. Their compassion is non-existent and they care only for the prestige and the 'exhilaration' of the 'sport'

we dont have coyotes in uk.

foxes aren't renowned for attacking cattle in the uk.

pheasant are bred for food in the uk.in answer to your earlier question.

Cattle in the uk are general factory farmed. Are pheasants not bred for hunting any more in England? (Things must have changed a lot since I left 18 months ago) They will become pests if they have stopped hunting them just like the pigeons did!

Originally posted by tulip

Cattle in the uk are general factory farmed. Are pheasants not bred for hunting any more in England? (Things must have changed a lot since I left 18 months ago) They will become pests if they have stopped hunting them just like the pigeons did!

yep they r bred for hunting but then we eat them, where's the problem with that.

i agree on the farming, bur sarcastic remarks relating to coyotes & cattle are not relevant to uk residents so why bother.

Originally posted by beautynbeast

It is impossible to gain an insight into the mind of someone who enjoys this sport.

There is no point in arguing or explaining anything to them. Their compassion is non-existent and they care only for the prestige and the 'exhilaration' of the 'sport'

You know what? You are absolutely right:) Why am I wasting my time? I think I'll go and do something constructive, like going to see my goats and those two chickens I have in a pen (There is more like 30 chickens but who's counting?) All I'm getting from being on here is patronized;)

Originally posted by beautynbeast

even as a supporter of the right to hunt, i have never hunted not intend to. i also gain no enjoyment from it happening.

however IMO i do see it as a viable method of control which should not be dictated to by people who have an inadequate understanding of the issues.

anti hunt have one issue - poor mr fox gets chewed up end of story.i've seen 3 this week run over on the roads - bet that didn't hurt though.

yep they r bred for hunting but then we eat them, where's the problem with that.

i agree on the farming, bur sarcastic remarks relating to coyotes & cattle are not relevant to uk residents so why bother.

I mentioned coyote once YOU are the one who keeps going on about them. I happen to be English, I lived in England most of my life.

Of course they hunt pheasants - for SPORT mostly. They don't eat all the birds they kill. Pigeons were once the bird of choice but they got bored with them. Grey squirrels is another good example, they were introduced and took over from the native red squirrel.

This thread is becoming a bit pointless. The only thing that it will become good for is being locked. I'm not going to contibute to the thread being spoiled so I'm going.

Originally posted by tulip

I mentioned coyote once YOU are the one who keeps going on about them. I happen to be English, I lived in England most of my life.

Of course they hunt pheasants - for SPORT mostly. They don't eat all the birds they kill. Pigeons were once the bird of choice but they got bored with them. Grey squirrels is another good example, they were introduced and took over from the native red squirrel.

This thread is becoming a bit pointless. The only thing that it will become good for is being locked. I'm not going to contibute to the thread being spoiled so I'm going.

we were talking re: foxes.

u mentioned coyotes,cattle & sheep in a rather sarcastic post. i dont doubt that your english and did not mean to infer otherwise.

half of our food stock was introduced from elsewhere including chickens.

can't comment on grey squirels 'cos i didn't know they were imported for food.thought they were pets like the infamous 'gators in the sewers(LOL)

Archived