Ultra loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough at 5.45 in the morning.

We`ve just got back from New Zealand, and that`s a lovely country. Anyone who has been there will testify to that, loads of people from over here are trying to emigrate there !

I`ll tell you something, they`re actually bothered about peoples quality of life. As you travel through most towns on the State Highways you`ll see large signs "Engine Braking Prohibited for XX kms".

Why ?

They recognise that people don`t like traffic noise, so in NZ they try to improve peoples quality of life by reducing it.

In fact come to think of it I don`t really remember hearing an over loud motorbike in NZ, the coppers stop them.

Compare that to this country.

Loads of selfish cretins flying about on anti socially loud bikes, and what do the police over here do ?

Sweet FA, because the fact is they don`t give a toss about people quality of life.

Something wrong I think........

Actually, now I come to think about it, it was the same around Sydney, loads of signs saying something like "No compression braking in residential areas" (meaning no engine braking). In Britain, it`s "all you anti socials can make as much bleedin` noise as you want", we (the police, or the D of T) don`t give a toss.......

• 4 weeks later...
We`ve just got back from New Zealand, and that`s a lovely country. Anyone who has been there will testify to that, loads of people from over here are trying to emigrate there !

I`ll tell you something, they`re actually bothered about peoples quality of life. As you travel through most towns on the State Highways you`ll see large signs "Engine Braking Prohibited for XX kms".

Why ?

They recognise that people don`t like traffic noise, so in NZ they try to improve peoples quality of life by reducing it.

In fact come to think of it I don`t really remember hearing an over loud motorbike in NZ, the coppers stop them.

Compare that to this country.

Loads of selfish cretins flying about on anti socially loud bikes, and what do the police over here do ?

Sweet FA, because the fact is they don`t give a toss about people quality of life.

Something wrong I think........

Here are the pictures proving that in NZ "the powers that be" actually care about people`s quality of life........

• 2 weeks later...
Loud pipes save lives.....

No they don`t, most drivers have their windows wound up and their radios on, particularly when the alternative is to listen to horrible loud exhausts.....

What saves lives is riding slower, have you got the self control to do that ?

I must say when I had bikes 20 years ago I didn`t, that`s why I sold mine.

You see I`m happy with the standard number and layout of my limbs,

i.e. with no motorbike accident induced shortages......

I thought I was right, Look North have just quoted the police saying that "75% of motorcycle accidents are caused by riding mistakes". That is to say, forget antisocially loud exhausts lulling you into a false sense of security, ride slower and more carefully, assuming you`ve got the self control to do so.

Edited by Justin Smith

The poor sod has just gone by - I'm here in Middlewood - it's a Sunday...he should be wrapped up in bed enjoying a day off :D At least it isn't raining. ;)

ive got a bike !!! but my next door neighbour has a noisey dog and a noisey lawnmower and my bike dosent leave **** all over the road and path :D

• 3 weeks later...
ive got a bike !!! but my next door neighbour has a noisey dog and a noisey lawnmower and my bike dosent leave **** all over the road and path :D

Nothing wrong with having a bike, they use less fuel than cars and take up less room on the road, furthermore they`re less dangerous to other road users than cars are.

It`s having a loud bike that`s selfish and anti social.

On the loud dogs thing I agree with you, owners should try and ensure their animals don`t bleedin` bark all day, and if they crap on the pavement, or anywhere else for that matter, they should clear it up, in fact they`re legally obliged to do so.

There is one slight difference though, people with noisy bikes have made a conscious decision to make more noise, it isn`t like they just happen to be doing something which is noisy, like mowing the lawn for instance.

Nothing wrong with having a bike, they use less fuel than cars and take up less room on the road, furthermore they`re less dangerous to other road users than cars are.

It`s having a loud bike that`s selfish and anti social.

On the loud dogs thing I agree with you, owners should try and ensure their animals don`t bleedin` bark all day, and if they crap on the pavement, or anywhere else for that matter, they should clear it up, in fact they`re legally obliged to do so.

There is one slight difference though, people with noisy bikes have made a conscious decision to make more noise, it isn`t like they just happen to be doing something which is noisy, like mowing the lawn for instance.

Plus they can travel up and down Halifax Road at 100 mph through the speed cameras without any fear of getting flashed and a ticket following in the post.

Plus they can travel up and down Halifax Road at 100 mph through the speed cameras without any fear of getting flashed and a ticket following in the post.

Yes I`ve heard that one before. That`s why some people reckon speed cameras should take a picture from the back and would then get the guy`s (because it would nearly always be a bloke) reg number.

That said, although I disapprove of motorcyclists speeding (and certainly 100mph), it doesn`t upset me as much as car drivers speeding, because if bikers have an accident it`s far more likely themselves they`ll kill rather than anyone else. The opposite case is four wheel drive vehicles, their speeding fines and points should be doubled.

• 1 month later...

Three O`Clock. Three O`Clock in the bleedin` morning. That was the time that some xxxx* on his loud motorbike woke me up last night. It was a warm night and so I suspect most people had their windows open, thus, I think it`s fair to assume, that hundreds or even thousands of others were also woken up by that xxxx* razzing about NW Sheffield on his anti socially loud bike.

One can only marvel at the sheer bloody minded ignorance of some members of the human race.

And what does PC Plod do about it ?

Sweet FA.

* Insert here the strongest word usable on SF.