Ultra loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough at 5.45 in the morning.

Has anyone else had the misfortune to be woken up by a very loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough in the early mornimg ?

He passes the Hillsborough football ground area at about 5.45AM and freqently wakes me up.

Not only is his wretched exhaust far far too loud but he rides it like he`s at the TT thrashing it like you`ve never known. I wonder how many hundreds, or even thosands, of people curse him every morning.......

Obviously the guy is a totally ignorant <removed>, but why is there no law to protect us from these imbeciles ? I checked with the garage that does my MOT and they said that other than for a blowing exhaust there`s no requirement in the MOT for a vehicle to be adequately silenced.

That sounds (pun intended) like a law that`s crying out to be passed.

I suspect that they are wrong, there is a maximum noise level for a motorbike exhaust to produce, but they can be replaced by road illegal 'race' cans.

I suspect that they are wrong, there is a maximum noise level for a motorbike exhaust to produce, but they can be replaced by road illegal 'race' cans.

I`ve heard that some of the ignorants have two exhausts, a legal one they put on for the MOT and the illegal anti social one they put back on again afterwards. The ones who do that are doubly anti social because they obviously know their bike is illegal.

There`s absolutely no excuse for a loud exhaust, I had bikes for years and always bought road legal exhausts for my machines.

• 4 months later...
Loud pipes save lives!

Well, of course, we don`t know if the biker who got hit by a police car "on pursuit" the other day had a loud exhaust, but I`d have thought it pretty obvious that bikers who do have loud exhausts are significantly less likely to hear the police/ambulance siren as the vehicle come hurtling towards them.

How exactly does that "save (bikers) lives" ?

• 10 months later...

Well the good news is that ultra loud bike no longer commutes across N Sheffield at 5.30AM.... Or if he does he`s got a quieter bike, thank God.

The bad news is there are still loads of noisy ignorants about, just the other day I was awoken at 1.30 in the bleedin` morning by some imbecile on a deafeningly loud bike. I have to say I`m really really interested in what goes through their minds as they ride down quiet deserted streets with everyone in bed and they know their exhaust is so loud they can feel it as it bounces off the houses. Have they got any sense of other people at all or are do they all have personality disorders ?

The driver may not know how loud the bike is. So many people have damaged their hearing by using ear phones to listen at dangerously high sound levels. I no longer go to the cinema because I find the noise level painful. The levels tolerated in public indoor areas are far greater than they used to be.

If you're not complaining about a family having a gathering for noise - you're complaining about a commuter to work on their chosen vehicle!

Get a life. At least this person is contributing to society.

I suggest invest in ear plugs, or thicker windows.

---------- Post added 03-09-2013 at 21:14 ----------

quads are coooooool

If you're not complaining about a family having a gathering for noise - you're complaining about a commuter to work on their chosen vehicle!

Get a life. At least this person is contributing to society.

I suggest invest in ear plugs, or thicker windows.

---------- Post added 03-09-2013 at 21:14 ----------

quads are coooooool

Sorry, I think there must be a breakdown in communication here.

We have someone on an unsilenced bike (or in a loud car come to that) waking people up or just generally shattering the peace, and you`re saying he`s not ignorant ? Just exactly which definition of ignorant are you using ?

I tell you I hate those bleedin` ignorant gits so much I would pay out of my own back pocket to have them prosecuted, and I`m serious.

And I don`t hate bikes, I had bikes for years, it`s loud bikes I hate.

Get a life.
If I understand it correctly you`re saying anyone can do what they want and if anyone else complains they should get a life. Is that how these ignorants really think ? They`re right and everyone else is wrong even if they`re actually breaking the law !

I think you`ll find that`s the definition of a personality disorder.

Edited by Justin Smith