Ultra loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough at 5.45 in the morning.

I hate loud noise, loads of people do. I very much object to you implying I`m being selfish or odd, when the people being selfish and odd (in that they really think people don`t mind their racket) are those with ear splitting exhausts.

I once had a Westfield with a loud exhaust and I really disliked it, I felt guilty every time I drove past anyone. But, to be fair to me, the difference was I had no choice, there was no other one available for it

Well you could have sold the car if you actually cared that much but you clearly decided that your preferred having that car over consideration for others. Pot, kettle Justin...

Well you could have sold the car if you actually cared that much but you clearly decided that your preferred having that car over consideration for others. Pot, kettle Justin...

I sold it.

---------- Post added 07-03-2017 at 16:07 ----------

Swings and roundabouts me old! Some people like brexit some don't. I suppose the ones that do are being selfish.

What kind of <removed> is this. I don`t even know where to start with this, we`ll forget about the fact the referendum was (only just) "won" by lying, and concentrate on the fact that loud exhausts are illegal. Having said that, lying is illegal as well isn`t it ? So maybe you`re right, there are similarities between the Leave campaign and illegally loud exhausts.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

I sold it.

---------- Post added 07-03-2017 at 16:07 ----------

What kind of <removed> is this. I don`t even know where to start with this, we`ll forget about the fact the referendum was (only just) "won" by lying, and concentrate on the fact that loud exhausts are illegal. Having said that, lying is illegal as well isn`t it ? So maybe you`re right, there are similarities between the Leave campaign and illegally loud exhausts.

Dear me! I find your language rather perturbing. Please try not to be uncouth.

In what pretext is lying illegal?

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

Swings and roundabouts me old! Some people like brexit some don't. I suppose the ones that do are being selfish.

Lol very good !

---------- Post added 07-03-2017 at 18:45 ----------

I think i will have s ride around hillsborough this weekend ! ;)

In what pretext is lying illegal?

That sentence doesn't actually make sense...

On what pretext - would be asking for a justification to lie.

In what sense - would be asking under what circumstances it was illegal.

To answer the latter. When it's about a person (slander), when it's about selling something (misselling legislation of various kinds), in order to obtain a pecuniary advantage (ie fraud to get money), to the court under oath, probably quite a few more. But broadly like Justin said, it isn't.

That sentence doesn't actually make sense...

On what pretext - would be asking for a justification to lie.

In what sense - would be asking under what circumstances it was illegal.

To answer the latter. When it's about a person (slander), when it's about selling something (misselling legislation of various kinds), in order to obtain a pecuniary advantage (ie fraud to get money), to the court under oath, probably quite a few more. But broadly like Justin said, it isn't.

Thanks for the grammar check. I knew what I meant as did you and everyone else that read the post.

I know when a lie is illegal, I was waiting for Justin's take the on it.

Its an infantile thread tbh moderator. Its been going on toooooooooo long!

It is most certainly not an infantile thread, it`s quite serious. Many people, I would say most people, dislike loud cars and bikes, particularly when they wake them (or their kids up). In fact they`re illegal. The only people who would want this thread locked are people with noisy cars or bikes, because, let`s face it, they don`t actually have a reasonable defence. All they actually say is they just want to do it and aren't bothered what other people think.

Actually, I`d go further, certainly when first started, this thread was a local forum at it`s best. It was using pooled knowledge to find something out. Occasionally it still is doing that.

Edited by Justin Smith

It is most certainly not an infantile thread, it`s quite serious. Many people, I would say most people, dislike loud cars and bikes, particularly when they wake them (or their kids up). In fact they`re illegal. The only people who would want this thread locked are people with noisy cars or bikes, because, let`s face it, they don`t actually have a reasonable defence. All they actually say is they just want to do it and aren't bothered what other people think.

Actually, I`d go further, certainly when first started, this thread was a local forum at it`s best. It was using pooled knowledge to find something out. Occasionally it still is doing that.

Did I miss something? I don't look in for a few hours and it all appears to have gone pear shaped.

No , I actually want to this thread to stay open. Your sense of self righteousness amuses me.