Should pensioner's 'perks' be abolished ?

Boys, girls, it's ALL going to have to go means tested in the next few years.

There are too many of us. We live too long. We demand more health care than can be afforded.

The welfare state HAS to become a safety net of last resort, not a right to be expected.

It was before Thatcher trashed the country, and made the dole and incap a way of life for many.

We are well into the 4th decade of her legacy, and it shows no sign of going away.

You should sack your accountant artisan. You could only claim some of the things you mentioned and employees can claim exactly the same. There is only one set of allowances for everyone - Parliamentarians excepted of course.

My accountant did well for me, I never paid much tax anyway.

I dont have one now, I am too busy single handedly keeping you lot who seem to live on here all day.

A bit of work would not do you any harm.

Which country? Certainly not Britain, which was already trashed before she took power, and which she rescued from the trash heap by administering some long-overdue, and consequently very painful, medicine.

If you are happy with what she did then all well and good.

This masochism seems deep rooted in the tory psyche, it is somewhat difficult for normal people to understand.

Over and over this same mantra is repeated,

We deserve it

It is our own fault

Hurt us, make it painful.

Very strange.

I'm not sure why you think that saving a country from bankruptcy and collapse is masochism. :huh:

I mean the way you revel in the pain and despair you are going to be put through by your beloved tories, especially those you consider to be superior to you.

It seems to be the Miss Whiplash syndrome writ large.

And in what way is this pathetic, weak, so called government, going to save anyone but themselves and their fellow tax dodging multi millionaires?

The sound of the drawbridge being drawn up is deafening to those with senses to recognise it.

You should sack your accountant artisan. You could only claim some of the things you mentioned and employees can claim exactly the same. There is only one set of allowances for everyone - Parliamentarians excepted of course.
i think you wrong there, subcontractors working for someone can claim petrol, parking,tools etc .but a paye employee working for the same person cannot .thou i agree both should be able to, but it kind of defeats the object because less tax would be going into the government

i think you wrong there, subcontractors working for someone can claim petrol, parking,tools etc .but a paye employee working for the same person cannot .thou i agree both should be able to, but it kind of defeats the object because less tax would be going into the government

If you submit a tax return you can claim for those items. You don't have to rely on your employer to do it. If your business expenses as an employee exceed a certain threshold ( I forget how much, around £4k?) you are expected submit one anyway. Obviously too few people are clues up.

Edit: here's the HMRC information. It looks like you don't even need to submit a full tax return so get your dues claimed and don't say that I never do anything for you. :)

Archived