Is prison enough of a punishment? Vote

Is prison enough of a punishment for child murderers, rapists, peados etc..  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Is prison enough of a punishment for child murderers, rapists, peados etc..

• YES prison is enough punishment
    • NO-Let the General public have a go at the scumbags!

From a discussion on another thread I thought I would do a vote.

I'm talking about the child beaters, the murderers, the rapists and child murderers etc... BoyFriday on here thinks having your freedom taking away by being put in prison is enough! Personally for these kind of people who hurt kids etc... I would rather see them tied up and sorted out by the families of those they have hurt!!!

You don't have to comment as there is enough threads for this! Just vote and let's see what most people think!!!! It might be the majority think it's enough, I'm just interested :)

Have you consulted the views of people who have been traumatised due to crime? Have you seen research on what people want from the criminal justice system?

1. Assurance it can't happen again

2. To know why it happened to them

3. An apology

4. Punishment

The CJS stinks. It isn't working. Millions were spent on ISSPs by the Youth Offending services. They had no effect on reoffending rates. The Probation Service won't be able to cope with the record number of people in prisons as they start to be released on order. The whole thing needs an overhaul but not in the way that you suggest.

You sound like a bit of a knuckle dragger although your grammar suggests education. Do you just 'get off' on fantasising about this kind of retribution perhaps?

whats the point of prison? more than 60% re-offend anyway and if they go straight chances of getting jobs are very slim. They need a short sharp shock, let the victim or victims family decide.

whats the point of prison? more than 60% re-offend anyway and if they go straight chances of getting jobs are very slim. They need a short sharp shock, let the victim or victims family decide.

What if the victim, or victims family, believe in forgiveness?

They decide to forgive and let them off. Where would you stand then?

What if the victim, or victims family, believe in forgiveness?

They decide to forgive and let them off. Where would you stand then?

What they meant was let the family decide whether to send them to prison or let the public/families make the barstewards' suffer. Letting go free is not an option. Butlins holiday camp aka prison is the lowest option they have!!

Oh dear. It's a vote, just vote or don't. It's relatively simple. There are many discussions on this. Thanks.

Then you should have provided more options. I would have voted for a third option of "reform the prison system so it's about rehabilitation not punishment" rather than a black and white poll that plays on some people's obsession with revenge and torture.

Oh dear. It's a vote, just vote or don't. It's relatively simple. There are many discussions on this. Thanks.

Wrong. You underestimate the gravity of what you're asking.

You say you're interested and ask others not to add to your thread. Why are you interested? Are you fishing for types of torture?

Archived