Is prison enough of a punishment? Vote

Is prison enough of a punishment for child murderers, rapists, peados etc..  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Is prison enough of a punishment for child murderers, rapists, peados etc..

• YES prison is enough punishment
    • NO-Let the General public have a go at the scumbags!

Don't worry BF that seemed to be more about me than anything else. The poster has only been a member for a few months and mostly I haven't been in the country let alone had any contact with this ****t. Discussion was never the op's intent.

If the op has issues with me then a pm maybe?

...phew, and I thought it was me all along, Alien! :thumbsup:

Prison, IMHO is enough as long as they get an adequate sentence and none of this PS3/Sky+ nonsense. Prison should be like it used to be, dripping cells, no electrics, cold showers and gruel twice a day.

At least this way each prisoner can be kept an eye on and accounted for!

I guess a bucket of Toffee Crisp Popcorn would not be in order Tess?

I guess it's time I put that 'joke' to death, having done it to death :hihi:

Prison, IMHO is enough as long as they get an adequate sentence and none of this PS3/Sky+ nonsense. Prison should be like it used to be, dripping cells, no electrics, cold showers and gruel twice a day.

I understand your sentiments, but what's wrong with giving prisoners something to get up for? Not for them, for society (which may end up giving them some sense of fulfillment anyway). We could have a system where the prisoner starts off in a cell of your description but is offered the opportunity to get things like comfier bed, PS3, internet, access to a library etc.

Think of all that productivity going to waste.

I guess a bucket of Toffee Crisp Popcorn would not be in order Tess?

I guess it's time I put that 'joke' to death, having done it to death :hihi:

God!! One time!! ONE TIME!! :)

I understand your sentiments, but what's wrong with giving prisoners something to get up for? Not for them, for society (which may end up giving them some sense of fulfillment anyway). We could have a system where the prisoner starts off in a cell of your description but is offered the opportunity to get things like comfier bed, PS3, internet, access to a library etc.

Think of all that productivity going to waste.

I don't know epiphany, I just don't think it's fair that people who work and follow the law but still can't afford one have to go without, when people who have commited some serious crimes get the privaliege. If they want something to get up for, get them enrolled on courses to keep them busy.

I like the idea of using it as a motivation though.

Prisoners should be made to work in chain gangs either fixing the roads or picking vegatables not claiming £44.500 for dental pain off the home office:rant:

Its against their human rites, they would have every rite to sue.

On another note saw some school kids picking up litter on hallowmoor road yesterday, careful Gove.

I think this is where the problem lies.

the length of sentence`s are not severe enough,added to the fact prisoners only serve half of their sentence. i feel this is the thing which really annoys the public.

too many offenders are only being jailed for a short period of time ,which in my opinion is no punishment .

by handing down short sentences the public dont get any restbite from offenders criminal activities .

i feel a total rethink is needed into sentencing ,and in particular we need judges and magistrates who live in the real world, and know how crime affects ordinary people.

day after day we see judges passing short sentences which beggar belief. this has to stop ,and we need judges who arnt scared to pass the maximum possible jail term for criminal acts.

I'm all for torture if it's definately someone who is guilty beyond doubt.

Torture is used to extract confessions, not as a form of punishment.

The best punishment for those people mentioned would be total solitary confinement, with no access to human contact, books, media, or any form of pastime.

No clocks or way of telling the time.

Have the cell walls covered with pictures of their victims, and let them think.

It would not be long before they repented, and saw the error of their ways.

When they were completely broken, they could be used as slave labour for the rest of their lives.

Used in that way, prison would be a good enough punishment.

Torture is used to extract confessions, not as a form of punishment.

The best punishment for those people mentioned would be total solitary confinement, with no access to human contact, books, media, or any form of pastime.

No clocks or way of telling the time.

Have the cell walls covered with pictures of their victims, and let them think.

It would not be long before they repented, and saw the error of their ways.

When they were completely broken, they could be used as slave labour for the rest of their lives.

Used in that way, prison would be a good enough punishment.

You've obviously thought this through artisan ;) Have to say, although I disagree with much of what you say, it's a coherent proposal, rather than the usual cut their b******* off that we're used to.

I don't know how effective putting photographs of their victims in the cell would be though, they'd probably enjoy that.

if prison was prison without all the cushy things, like tv's, pool tables, rec rooms.. prisons now are like holiday camps to most inmates. Most prisons are better than living at home for them, free food,tv no bills to pay can do what they want upto apoint...punishment? dont make me laugh

Archived