Jailed for posting on an internet forum!

Here's a worrying sign that despite getting rid of Labour, we still seem to be edging towards a police state. Two men have been jailed for 2 years simply for posting messages on an internet forum.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/10413611.stm

Of course their posts were racist and inflammatory but surely people within a free society have the right to express their opinions, however distasteful?

Two white supremacists who posted racist internet messages calling for Jews to be destroyed have been jailed.

I see no problem with this. Scum is scum, no matter where you find it.

Dispite the ugly things they said it is their right to believe what they want. Now if they put these thoughts into action then thats a whole different kettle of fish.

A very good post, my Jewish mates won't be climbing on to their respective high horses over these two numpties. :huh:

Dispite the ugly things they said it is their right to believe what they want. Now if they put these thoughts into action then thats a whole different kettle of fish.

They were prosecuted for putting those thoughts into action, and inciting others to kill.

Well in that case the law is an ass. If the law says there are certain thoughts you're not allowed to think and opinions you're not allowed to state then there's something badly wrong with our society.

You'd like to live in a society where it's OK to incite murder and arson?

I'm happy that I don't.

Archived