"wipe israel off the map " Biggest Myth Propaganda?

It's already been explained several times that 'vanish from the page of time' is not an english idiom and clearly the best translation would be 'wipe of the map'.

Why must you persist in suggesting that this isn't the case?

Why is it so difficult for the general public to understand that it's a translation of 'vanish from the page of time' and not wipe off the map?

Plus why are public treated as being too simple to understand the reference was to the Zionist regime and not the territory of or the land of Israel? Must this lie be continually defended?

Why is it so difficult for the general public to understand that it's a translation of 'vanish from the page of time' and not wipe off the map?

Plus why are public treated as being too simple to understand the reference was to the Zionist regime and not the territory of or the land of Israel? Must this lie be continually defended?

Because that's not how translation works. The cultural idioms vary from one place to the next. I could take 'vanish from the page of time' and turn it into "make it appear as though this place never existed" which could also be transformed into "wipe off the map". I grew up in Sheffield. I think in English, but live in Germany and France. If I swap each word in a sentence from one language into the other, it invariably comes out as garbage. Maybe your beloved president Ahmadinejad should learn to express himself better?

To your second paragraph: do you really think that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad meant the Israeli gov't and not its people? The man does not even have any semblance of respect for the people that he rules over in his own country. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a murderous thug.

Let me make one thing clear, I adore the Iranian people. They are intelligent and beautiful. But Ahmadinejad is a worthless prick. The sooner he and his idiotic gang are thrown out, the better.

It's a bit of a shame that Iran is run by lunatics because all the Iranians that I've ever met have been smart erudite folk that think that Iran is run by lunatics.

I have the same impression of Iranians. All the Iranians I have met have been smart and interesting people. I get the impression it could be a very prosperous and successful country if it wasn't run by religious fanatics.

I long for the day when they have their second revolution and become a secular state.

Because that's not how translation works. The cultural idioms vary from one place to the next. I could take 'vanish from the page of time' and turn it into "make it appear as though this place never existed" which could also be transformed into "wipe off the map". I grew up in Sheffield. I think in English, but live in Germany and France. If I swap each word in a sentence from one language into the other, it invariably comes out as garbage. Maybe your beloved president Ahmadinejad should learn to express himself better?

To your second paragraph: do you really think that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad meant the Israeli gov't and not its people? The man does not even have any semblance of respect for the people that he rules over in his own country. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a murderous thug.

Let me make one thing clear, I adore the Iranian people. They are intelligent and beautiful. But Ahmadinejad is a worthless prick. The sooner he and his idiotic gang are thrown out, the better.

The clarification has been presented by the Iranians themselves as to what Ahmedinajad said and what he meant which differs from yours. Clearly you accept that there are problems in translation and despite the Iranians denying that the phrase used does not mean wipe off the map, it is the preferred translation as it fits in nicely with hysterical dramatics. Why carry on with a lie when the Iranian people you pretend to show respect for and actually claimed to adore the same people who actuallly oppose Ahmedinajad say he is being misquoted?

I have said many times that we have a pro Israeli media.

You do know you are now anti semitic now you have pointed the truth out don't you ?

doesnt the word semite cover both arab and jews ?you cant be anti semetic if you slate one yet support the other can you ?

doesnt the word semite cover both arab and jews ?you cant be anti semetic if you slate one yet support the other can you ?

correct, I understand those hurling abuse at the Palestinians are being Anti-Semitic equaly as those abusing the Jews.

It suites the Zionists to perpetuate the myth that the Zionist are the victims and the world is against the poor helpless downtrodden people of Israel. Nothing can be further from the truth but hey that is propaganda and if it works do you blame them for using it? There are some brain dead washed Zionism lovers here on SF also and have repeated parrot fashion the same lie, so obviously the propaganda works and isn't about to be given up any time soon.
Can you explain what you mean by:

A) Zionists

B) Zionism

I have the same impression of Iranians. All the Iranians I have met have been smart and interesting people. I get the impression it could be a very prosperous and successful country if it wasn't run by religious fanatics.

I long for the day when they have their second revolution and become a secular state.

Where were those iranians you met?

Disputed borders?:hihi: Disputed land more like and please tell us what the dispute is?:roll:

Them nasty Arabs came only some thousands of years ago and claim the place they were minding for the Israelis was their's, yeah you tell'em.:roll:

Those nasty Arabs ganged up on Israel, started a war and lost (as they always do), they also lost land which often happens in times of war.

Archived