Housing benefit cuts are on the way

That's not what I said and hopefully with these cuts, that practice will also stop. These people living in Council housing should begin being responsible for their actions and not live from accommodation provided by the Council. I did say 'living privately' like the rest of us not, 'living privately paid for by government'.

Where do you suggest they live? Everyone has a right to shelter and not everyone is able to afford it. bit obvious really.

Housing benefit pays private sector rents as well as council house rents. Again, a bit obvious.

Where do you suggest they live? Everyone has a right to shelter and not everyone is able to afford it. bit obvious really.

Housing benefit pays private sector rents as well as council house rents. Again, a bit obvious.

They live in a house but the drawback is they have to go out and work and get a wage to pay for the house like a lot of people in this country have to.

and if there was no housing benefit where would all these people live ?i dont think you thought this one through have you ?

Why should scrongers be paid to live in housing?

Yes there are disabled and people who should have some form of help with rent paying etc, but alot of people are using housing benefit as a source of income and weighing this into whether they should work or not as they would be less ''well'' off if they worked, due to having to pay rent.

Some people maybe happy to spend tax payers money on long term unemployed people living on the dole claiming, housing benefit, im not one of them, the benefits culture of this country wont stop untill we stop paying peoples rent for them!

The council should invest more funds into creating more housing than paying private renting.

and if there was no housing benefit where would all these people live ?i dont think you thought this one through have you ?

They would all still be able to live in a house if they got off their backside's and at least tried to work, plenty of jobs out there, some people just don't want to.

I thought there was a cap on housing benefit! There certainly should be - and certainly if you're moving into a new property.

There wasnt a cap, but was talk of after the Afgan family got £12,500 a month (link posted above) and cause outrage about it, but im not sure if Labour ever got round to Caping the limit, if not it needs doing now, i would honestly think £700 a month would be the limit for a 2/3 bed house private, that should be allowed anything over the proposed tenant should add to.

Right.... as someone who is unemployed but not entitled to housing benefit, i welcome the cuts in housing benefit.

It means the following:

1. People who claim housing benefit and live in a private landlords house will no longer be able to afford to pay their rent

2. This means the landlords have 2 choices, reduce their prices, or make these people homeless

3. If people become homeless it will cost the council a hell of a lot more money to put them in bed and breakfasts etc... than it will to pay them higher housing benefit

Either way i think the most likely result is a reduction in rent prices which are far too high as it is. Lanlords have had it their way far too long, stealing deposits and generally bullying tennants who cant defend themself any way other than physical violence.

BUT DONT FORGET

There is a benefit to this for landlords. If they have troublesome tennants they want out but cant get them out legally, this will be a perfect excuse to get them out, if they cant afford rent they cant stay there.

They would all still be able to live in a house if they got off their backside's and at least tried to work, plenty of jobs out there, some people just don't want to.
not if they cant afford to live there :loopy: they will be in debt to the point of losing their home, then where will they live sheffield council are allready got a huge waiting lists for the houses they got

Right.... as someone who is unemployed but not entitled to housing benefit, i welcome the cuts in housing benefit.

It means the following:

1. People who claim housing benefit and live in a private landlords house will no longer be able to afford to pay their rent

2. This means the landlords have 2 choices, reduce their prices, or make these people homeless

3. If people become homeless it will cost the council a hell of a lot more money to put them in bed and breakfasts etc... than it will to pay them higher housing benefit

Either way i think the most likely result is a reduction in rent prices which are far too high as it is. Lanlords have had it their way far too long, stealing deposits and generally bullying tennants who cant defend themself any way other than physical violence.

BUT DONT FORGET

There is a benefit to this for landlords. If they have troublesome tennants they want out but cant get them out legally, this will be a perfect excuse to get them out, if they cant afford rent they cant stay there.

Why are you not entitled to HB?

This is all irrelevant to Sheffield. HB is to be capped at £400 per week, the maximum HB payable in Sheffield at the moment is slightly over half that so it won't actually affect anyone

Archived