Housing benefit cuts are on the way

They live in a house but the drawback is they have to go out and work and get a wage to pay for the house like a lot of people in this country have to.

well i work but i get housig beneft, so whats your suggestion now becouse i couldent afford to live if i diddent get the help i did thanks to n irresponsible bloke not paying for his child and eft me with the task

Or you could pay it from your own income or resources?

Obviously if you unable to through disability etc then the circumstances are different but if you are of working age and ability will an extra fiver a week really see you out of the street?

i see you still quoting on a made up story whats up your popcorn run out ?:hihi:

For a private landlord, I shouldn't think there is any difference between the 'private' market and the 'part-state-sponsored' market. Asking rental price is (should be) the same.

I've seen adverts that specify "no DSS", and presumably others where the rent is higher simply don't get enquiries from people who claim housing benefit. This small change in the amount of housing benefit will marginally shift that boundary around which people claiming housing benefit stop looking. So a very small number of landlords will either have to adjust their prices (to keep people on DDS) or they will only have private tenants applying in the future.

My son lives in Hither Green London in a first floor small two bed flat, rent............£400 per month.

do you know what it's like round there???

i lived in mortlake in south west london and the rent on my one double and one box room maisonette was £1300 per month !

McDonalds, £5.93 an hour (come October) 40hrs= £239.72 per week top line.

Plenty!

thats is shocking money..income tax and nat ins will come off then council tx, then all the other bills they need to pay, on top of that food, what is left? nothing..people are better off on the dole..

thats is shocking money..income tax and nat ins will come off then council tx, then all the other bills they need to pay, on top of that food, what is left? nothing..people are better off on the dole..

Sorry but that attitude stinks:rant:

Me and my partner bought our first home when we both on minimum wage and have since moved on to better jobs, if you dont buy a ticket you will never win a prize!

saw in the paper that some people receive so much housing benefit that it is the equivalent of an interest only ?650k mortgage.

This Britain.

Housing benefit should cover basic accomodation and no more not 7 bedroom mansions in Kensington£

saw in the paper that some people receive so much housing benefit that it is the equivalent of an interest only ?650k mortgage.

This Britain.

Housing benefit should cover basic accomodation and no more not 7 bedroom mansions in Kensington£

I think most people agree that's exactly what it should do, thats why the housing benefit system is being reformed. Unfortunately, there's a great lack of cheap rented housing available in many parts of the UK.

I think most people agree that's exactly what it should do, thats why the housing benefit system is being reformed. Unfortunately, there's a great lack of cheap rented housing available in many parts of the UK.

Then build some more. The building industry is waiting with land and resources. Somebody just needs to shuffle the money and press the money.

Archived