Housing benefit cuts are on the way

Because i live with family. If i left of my own accord i would not be entitled to housing benefit or any support from the council, they would have to force me out and prove to the council i was forced out.
You've been badly advised. Did someone from the jobcentre tell you this?

You would absolutely be entitled to HB if you left and had a property to go to. You wouldn't be made priority for council housing because you'd made yourself intentionally homeless but if you found a property you would get housing benefit

Because it is obvious. Somebody at The Star has taken a different story and got their calculator out to make up some figures for a new story.

Hey presto, a completely made up story from The Star.

Because it is obvious. Somebody at The Star has taken a different story and got their calculator out to make up some figures for a new story.

Hey presto, a completely made up story from The Star.

just like someone on here has made up a story about how they have worked it out :hihi::hihi:magic

Because i live with family. If i left of my own accord i would not be entitled to housing benefit or any support from the council, they would have to force me out and prove to the council i was forced out.

£400 per week cap seems very reasonable to me. I am sure even in london you can get a decent place for 400 per week.

(my bold)

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

*breathes*

ha ha ha ha ha ha.. (etc)

Rents in London are ridiculously, obscenely high.

just like someone on here has made up a story about how they have worked it out :hihi::hihi:magic

I'm doing The Star a disservice. Perhaps they didn't make it up. Perhaps it was somebody at the Lancashire Evening Press who have run exactly the same made up story word for word but with the word "Lancashire" instead of "South Yorkshire" and different numbers. The same text appears in the Yorkshire Evening Post with different numbers.

That story might have been cobbled together from another story in the Times but neither of them printed this bit

Officials at the DWP argued that many people in rural areas and towns in the North would probably see a difference of only a few pounds a week and could meet the extra amount themselves. But in London and other big cities the differences will be much larger and many people might have to move to less affluent areas or even to different parts of the country
Y'see, it's really a story about London.

It's **** poor shoddy journalism of the very lowest standard - Mark Hookham of the Yorkshire Post appears to be the syndicated journo responsible for cobbling together this nonsense.

And it's still a made up story.

Why should scrongers be paid to live in housing?

Yes there are disabled and people who should have some form of help with rent paying etc, but alot of people are using housing benefit as a source of income and weighing this into whether they should work or not as they would be less ''well'' off if they worked, due to having to pay rent.

Some people maybe happy to spend tax payers money on long term unemployed people living on the dole claiming, housing benefit, im not one of them, the benefits culture of this country wont stop untill we stop paying peoples rent for them!

The council should invest more funds into creating more housing than paying private renting.

The benefit of a council house should now only be for a 5 year contract to new occupants,people should then make way for new people that need help.Its ridiculous this day and age that people can stop in a council house for life.Housing benefit should be capped so private landlords cannot milk the system,and people coming off a 5 year contract of assisted accommodation should either buy or rent in the private sector! You will find that the market will sort out most of the problems after a while instead of people relying on the state.If there are no jobs to afford housing,people should consider the government proposal of leaving the area to find work elsewhere in the country or abroad, after all,that's what immigrants have done that have come here,and the Irish ,Scots ,and English have a great history of getting off their backsides and seeking work and a better standard of living elsewhere in the world.Sat moaning in your own backyard won't alter things.

I'm doing The Star a disservice. Perhaps they didn't make it up. Perhaps it was somebody at the Lancashire Evening Press who have run exactly the same made up story word for word but with the word "Lancashire" instead of "South Yorkshire" and different numbers. The same text appears in the Yorkshire Evening Post with different numbers.

That story might have been cobbled together from another story in the Times but neither of them printed this bit Y'see, it's really a story about London.

It's **** poor shoddy journalism of the very lowest standard - Mark Hookham of the Yorkshire Post appears to be the syndicated journo responsible for cobbling together this nonsense.

And it's still a made up story.

So y'all can compare...

l**ds story here:-

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Exclusive-Leeds-facing-39homeless-explosion39.6384983.jp

Lancashire story here:-

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/housing_benefits_to_fall_by_17_1_793207

(my bold)

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

*breathes*

ha ha ha ha ha ha.. (etc)

Rents in London are ridiculously, obscenely high.

My son lives in Hither Green London in a first floor small two bed flat, rent............£400 per month.

Archived