Housing benefit cuts are on the way

From reading this it seems as if all Council Housing is free.

Surely this is not the case?

At one time people used to pay rent on Council Houses, it was more than the rent they paid on the rat holes they used to live in, but they thought it was good value.

Indoor toilet, bathroom, bath to keep the coal in etc.

They thought it was marvellous.

Now they get it all free it seems.

BTW, what do they do with the baths now they dont need coal fires?

I don't know what you store in yours, I grow my marijuana plants in mine - when I when my four pit-bulls aren't using it as a kennel, that is....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As Simon Clement Jones said they dont yet have the full facts.

Page 40.

29 Local Housing Allowance: set at the 30th percentile of local rents from 2011-12

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/d/junebudget_complete.pdf

It was 50%... therefore a 40% cut.

The full facts are there, they are hidden away in a table, perhaps so the LibDems didn't notice.

It was however picked up within hours of the budget and so whatever their excuse for missing it then, they have no excuses now.

That's one of the versions of the made up story we're referring to.

Sorry to spoil your trolling, but it is not a made up story. The government have stated that they are going to reduce LHA to 30% of the average rent, which means that people who are on Housing Benefit or Local Housing Allowance will have their benefits reduced. It isn't just the people who you like to think of as unemployed scroungers who will be made homeless, but also people who are working and earning the minimum wage. I bet the government aren't going to increase the minimum wage to cover these people!

This government are targeting the poorest in our society as they know that they won't lose many votes as the poorest don't traditionally vote Tory. Clegg should be ashamed of himself. I believe that he is worse than Cameron. He spent the whole of the election campaigning against the policies which he has now suddenly decided to support just for a few years of being deputy prime minister (or Cameron's media-savvy puppet).

Sorry to spoil your trolling, but it is not a made up story. The government have stated that they are going to reduce LHA to 30% of the average rent, which means that people who are on Housing Benefit or Local Housing Allowance will have their benefits reduced. It isn't just the people who you like to think of as unemployed scroungers who will be made homeless, but also people who are working and earning the minimum wage. I bet the government aren't going to increase the minimum wage to cover these people!

This government are targeting the poorest in our society as they know that they won't lose many votes as the poorest don't traditionally vote Tory. Clegg should be ashamed of himself. I believe that he is worse than Cameron. He spent the whole of the election campaigning against the policies which he has now suddenly decided to support just for a few years of being deputy prime minister (or Cameron's media-savvy puppet).

It's terrible isn't it! I feel sorry for the people in a similar position to me, I feel sorry for people who cannot work yet they will probably be made homeless by this joke of a government, Also people who work but earn little will end up homeless and will probably lose their job as well as their home, People who try finding a job but struggle to get one will end up homeless as well, It's obvious to me that this government is going to responsible for massive poverty and homelessness, It will be like Africa over here soon or worse, It will be a 3rd world country and all thanks to this lousy government who should be hitting the rich, They can afford to take all the hits the poor cannot so why pick on the poor and make them a lot poorer? Total joke!

If there are any 2 bedroom properties in Sheffield for £68 per week please let me know where they are as i seriously doubt there are any private accommodation for this amount of money.

It's terrible isn't it! I feel sorry for the people in a similar position to me, I feel sorry for people who cannot work yet they will probably be made homeless by this joke of a government, Also people who work but earn little will end up homeless and will probably lose their job as well as their home, People who try finding a job but struggle to get one will end up homeless as well, It's obvious to me that this government is going to responsible for massive poverty and homelessness, It will be like Africa over here soon or worse, It will be a 3rd world country and all thanks to this lousy government who should be hitting the rich, They can afford to take all the hits the poor cannot so why pick on the poor and make them a lot poorer? Total joke!

If there are any 2 bedroom properties in Sheffield for £68 per week please let me know where they are as i seriously doubt there are any private accommodation for this amount of money.

Not content with housing benefits and whatever other benefits you might be claiming plus the disability benefit you are thinking of claiming for ,how much is the father of your children contributing? if zero ,stop whining and be grateful that most of us are contributing to yours and your childrens welfare! as it appears that you are the beneficiary of something for nothing!

Not content with housing benefits and whatever other benefits you might be claiming plus the disability benefit you are thinking of claiming for ,how much is the father of your children contributing? if zero ,stop whining and be grateful that most of us are contributing to yours and your childrens welfare! as it appears that you are the beneficiary of something for nothing!

I don't reply to you because to be honest i don't want to hear the constant crap you are spouting.

If i am ill and my doctor says i should apply for disability benefits why shouldn't i apply for disability?

Also how could anyone be content with £68 per week in Housing Benefits from October 2011 knowing they won't be able to afford it and will become homeless? I hardly receive any benefits and i can assure you that i don't get very much money as it is and already struggle to pay bills and buy food for me and my daughter yet this government wants to make things a lot worse for people like me.

There are going to be far less jobs around very soon so even if i was fit to work what chance would i have of getting one and getting one that paid a good wage that would cover all my rent, bills and food and everything? Also if i was fit enough to work unless this government paid or helped pay for childcare then i would only be able to work part-time as my child is not even at school yet.

As for the father he has one of my children living with him as we agreed to this although we both have joint custody of the child and i see the child 2-3 times a week, he is on income support therefore no he cannot contribute

my point precisely.

My council house was £50 per week.

2 massive bedrooms, a huge dining-kitchen, and a lounge... plus garden and outbuildings.

Twice the facilities your son has, for half the price.

Council rents can't be compared directly to private rents ever.

We pay £1080 a month for a 4 bedroom house (no dining room), and that was actually a good rate for the condition of the house and the area we're in.

Incidentally, to all those berating those claiming housing benefit, I think it needs to be there as a safety net. I've been off work due to complications with an operation for 5 weeks now. After managing to survive for a month, I'm going to have to claim housing benefit to help cover the rent costs (they'll pay out around £68 a week, which works out at around £8 more than my rent). The alternative would be for me to become homeless. I've never claimed JSA or any other type of benefit, and I've always paid tax and NI, so why should I feel guilty about claiming a benefit? Surely that's why the welfare system is in place.

Archived