New Govt taking away our right to know how badly Council is performing

Fair enough, I hope you will concede then that every time a topic is discussed on here that involves Public Services that you refrain from commenting on it as you aren't really bothered about how well the service is being run.

i was only not bothered about the two statistics you quoted, rent arrears and classroom size.

i may be quite concerned about others

League Tables being scrapped? This is disasterous! How will I ever live not knowing how well my council is doing compared with Burnley Council or Haringey Council or any other council?

Plus we'll have to give up the Fantasy Council League in our office.

i was only not bothered about the two statistics you quoted, rent arrears and classroom size.

i may be quite concerned about others

So which of those shown in the link are you interested in?

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/policy--performance/the-progress-we-are-making/archivedperformancereports/key-performance-indicators

League Tables being scrapped? This is disasterous! How will I ever live not knowing how well my council is doing compared with Burnley Council or Haringey Council or any other council?

Thankfully we may have less of your nonsensical comments on threads that don't concern you then!

That's the bit the OP seems to have missed. Just because a council doesn't have to compile and publish stats, doesn't mean they won't. Any well-run organisation would ensure they do. Anyone/any organisation who wanted to compare the stats for their own purpose could then do so.

And if the councils are not well-run and they choose not to publish stats, they can be voted out.

I struggle to see why the fact that huge layers of hugely expensive and totally unnecessary (and to 99.99% of the population, irrelevant) reporting no longer being required is a bad thing. But then I'm not Labour to the core :D

I’m beginning to despise this Government more as each day passes. Their latest idea is to take away the monitoring of performance of all Councils across the country.

So if you’ve commented in the past on threads about for example; how much Rent has been calculated, or the level of Council Tax arrears, or the performance of bin collection, or the standard of the Benefit service, or the number of empty Council properties, or the performance of Social Services, then I’m afraid from here on in your access to this information will be removed.

Of course, the real reason why they are doing this is that they don’t want to publicise the anticipated reduction in the quality of the service and have us question it.

How long before we see further removals of our right to see information about Public Services.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10406010.stm

What public services? Upkeep of the roads....Nahhh, Empting of the rubbish....you do the job for them by putting the many bins at the side with all the rubbish segregated so they can burn it & make money from people whilst polluting the air in our city, social workers.....we've seen how good they are with the debarcle in Doncaster, Trading standards unit in Chapletown was closed down for fraud & false accounting & some of the higher end employees tried for fraud and false accounting with the public purse!

Like i said what public services????

Archived