New Govt taking away our right to know how badly Council is performing

I'm not at all, I want really good Public Services and I want to be told when I am and am not getting them.

Why do you have to be told...don't you know when you're getting bad service? Do you really need the gov. to tell you everything?

I can rate the performance of bin collection by going outside and seeing if the bin has been emptied or not to be honest.

No, no, no. What you need is a Service Perfomance Assessment Officer to rate it on Key Performance Indicators, then you need an Assessment Validation Officer to check it, before it is passed on to the Performance Management Department where it is added to all the other performance stats and finally signed off by the Beacon Council Performance Grading Executive. The findings then passed to a Council Performance Review Commission to find out why they accidentally missed your bin once this year.

No, no, no. What you need is a Service Perfomance Assessment Officer to rate it on Key Performance Indicators, then you need an Assessment Validation Officer to check it, before it is passed on to the Performance Management Department where it is added to all the other performance stats and finally signed off by the Beacon Council Performance Grading Executive. The findings then passed to a Council Performance Review Commission to find out why they accidentally missed your bin once this year.

It's funny but sad too!

I hope the new government does get rid of stupid stuff like this, it's all bonkers isn't it?!

Should't managers be held responsibe for council services to be run correctly, efficiently, and effectively. If services are not being managed properly I am sure this would be brought to the councils attention and then the managers of the badly performing services should be sacked.

No need for a lot of statistics.

That's the bit the OP seems to have missed. Just because a council doesn't have to compile and publish stats, doesn't mean they won't. Any well-run organisation would ensure they do. Anyone/any organisation who wanted to compare the stats for their own purpose could then do so.

And if the councils are not well-run and they choose not to publish stats, they can be voted out.

I struggle to see why the fact that huge layers of hugely expensive and totally unnecessary (and to 99.99% of the population, irrelevant) reporting no longer being required is a bad thing. But then I'm not Labour to the core :D

That depends on how you want to debate issues, if you are happy to debate without the knowledge to support your argument then I understand your viewpoint, on the other hand if you like evidence to support your argument then the loss of all statistical information will make this impossible.

And I'd like the Christmas fairy to deliver me a Ferrari. But my finances won't support that.

We have to live in the real world of what we can afford, not the make believe world of printing money and demanding things that we can't have.

It's sad times if a Government can't tell its population how well or poorly it is performing.

How many people actually scrutinise their local council websites or publications to check how well they are doing? We know if our children aren't being educated or our bins aren't being emptied.

Perhaps this is the problem with debating generally, people are prepared to argue their point of view without the information to back up their claims.

Why do you have to be told...don't you know when you're getting bad service? Do you really need the gov. to tell you everything?

Yep, I'm not the recipient of any Housing Service but I'm interested in Rent collection.

Would you be happy if 50% of Rent wasn't collected and you didn't know about it.

Should't managers be held responsibe for council services to be run correctly, efficiently, and effectively. If services are not being managed properly I am sure this would be brought to the councils attention and then the managers of the badly performing services should be sacked.

No need for a lot of statistics.

How do they know this if they have nothing to compare performance against?

Archived