New Govt taking away our right to know how badly Council is performing

I do hope the government don't do a u-turn and decide to keep all these bean counters, because then we'll be in for a thread titled "New Government to pay statisticians instead of treating the sick", another Titanic special.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

why:huh:just because some people disagree with him dosnt make it right. he beleives in what he thinks is right the same applies to you he could say the same about you :hihi:

So did Tony Blair with his weapons of mass destruction in Iraq! How many they found to date....?

why:huh:just because some people disagree with him dosnt make it right. he beleives in what he thinks is right the same applies to you he could say the same about you :hihi:

Are you denying he has been disagreed with:huh:

I didn't even say he has been proved wrong! Although if we take the thread title we can see that he is in fact 100% wrong. We can still request the information if anyone cares!

I don't think this is the best example to support your viewpoint.

Why am I not surprised.

Surely in times of austerity, we should be fed more information about areas like Council Tax collection as this directly affects us all.

As I previously said, if the cost of collecting the data outweighs the tax not being paid, then not collecting the data is a prudent measure for the moment.

It is absurd that whole teams of people are appointed at public expense simply to measure and report what the council is doing. The better you can present and manipulate the stats, the more stars or whatever you get.

Councils focus on hitting the mark for star ratings rather than actually improving services.

Surely if you set a target that if achieved would improve services, then that is a worthwhile target.

If you remove the target and any performance reporting, do you not then run the risk of a poorer service.

Surely if you set a target that if achieved would improve services, then that is a worthwhile target.

If you remove the target and any performance reporting, do you not then run the risk of a poorer service.

No, because all a target does is to encourage mediocrity, averageness, just enough, no more than we deserve....

... all for the same price as excellence, best of breed, exemplar, top notch, progressive, and superb.

Fine. Who's going to pay for it?

Simple answer to this is that the collation of the data is automated from the Local Authority as what happens now.

If you believe the collection of this data is expensive then you are being very naive, the real reason for the withdrawal of this information is so that the consequences of the budget cuts won't be seen by the public and we won't have information to compare performance with the Labour government.

Archived