Food on planes can you take your own

hi im off on me jollies with me 19yr old daughter on wednesday does any1 know if you can take your own food on the aircraft we have often took sweets and crisps but not sandwiches as im not to keen on the food they dish out i no we can buy it in the airport but you just cant be sure who or what has been done to it lol i know we cant take drinks threw we have to buy them there.

No food or drink can now be taken beyond security checks. So any food taken will have to purchased after security unfortunately.

Is that new since last month? Because in May, we took food on board without a problem. Drinks are a bigger problem, what with the 100ml limit on all liquids.

Is that new since last month? Because in May, we took food on board without a problem. Drinks are a bigger problem, what with the 100ml limit on all liquids.

We had it when we travelled about 2 years ago from Manchester. Maybe contacting the relevant airport to find out for sure, but we were stopped on both food and drink, and that included unopened bottles of water. Maybe things have slackened since we travelled.

We had it when we travelled about 2 years ago from Manchester. Maybe contacting the relevant airport to find out for sure, but we were stopped on both food and drink, and that included unopened bottles of water. Maybe things have slackened since we travelled.

Unfortunately you may find that the regulations change from place to place, day to day and shift to shift. I've no doubt that the majority of people who work in airport security are conscientious people who are trying to do their job to the best of their ability.

Unfortunately there are one or two who are just trying.

Archived