Food on planes can you take your own

I know someone who is a vegan, she always and still takes her own food on planes because she doesn't trust any commercially produced stuff.

All you have to do is convince the people that you have special dietary condition and you have to eat food that you have perpared yourself. Then make sure you take something that doesn't look like you have bought it in a shop. The security have every right to make you eat some of it as you clear the security.

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/Departing

It says no explosives, it doesn't say no sandwiches.

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/SecurityProcedure

This seems a little harsh though

Parents WILL be asked to sample baby milk and food and also those people with dietary requirements (these can be any size).

Parents have to sample people with special dietary requirements, what does that even mean, it sounds a bit gross.

There is no restriction in taking food onto flights, I've taken fruit and crisps onto flights from Manchester before. Maybe the airports website should have been the first place to check though.

We tend to do the Boots "meal deals" when we go. Most airports have a Boots and not too badly priced for the deal. I think £3.50 for a sandwich, drink and either crisps or a cake bar.

Same here. Considering that for example Thomsons charge £12 per person for a meal, it really is no contest.

My Partner and I took our own last time we went on holiday from Manchester airport. Make sure they are all wrapped properly though as the staff in the airport may ask you to show them what's inside. I took a pot of marinated olives and chicken, bacon and avocado salad sandwichs and I am so glad I did as when the other passengers were being served alwful food we had loveliness to munch on!

When I came back from Turkey in May, I took sandwiches on the plane.

However, at the security desk, they took 2 cans of coke, 800 cigs and 4 litres of raki off of me :mad:

What annoyed me even more, was that the duty free's on the plane home were cheaper than what I paid in Turkey !!!

Wasnt that bad though - yesterday I booked to go back to the same hotel again in october....

Archived