Chesterfield, what do we think?

We moved from sheffield to chesterfield and love it! Soooo quiet where we live (near brimington). Although i think sheffield has the better nightlife (more choice of places, maybe?) although i dont tend to go out in sheffield much now... the taxi fair home is a bit much!!

I am from the affectionately named Chez Vegas and I love it. The town centre is lovely, the market is great, especially on Thursday or Farmers market day. It does get a bit chavvy on a weekend night but I don't go out much now.

Chessie has the benefit of a large town but with lovely villages surrounding it and the peak district on the doorstep.

I rarely venture into Sheffield centre now, used to work at Moorfoot and hubby works at Woodseats but its still a nice place to visit.

• 1 month later...

I 'm beginning to wonder about Chesterfield ; just been reading in the ' Star ' [ Aug. 13th. 2010 ] where a man tried to rob a shop in Chesterfield -----with a bag over his head to conceal his i.d. ! It didn 't mention eye-holes. In fact, before he left the shop, he had to remove the bag, presumably to see where he was going !

Can you imagine him in the shop ? " If you tell me where I am, I want all the cash in the till, whoever and wherever you are . " The whole episode sounded very strange ! Very Chesterfield-ish, in fact.

If this is a common habit, we can guess how they got a crooked spire, " Pass me that wood, Bill.....or is it John....yeah, I 'll just nail it up anywhere......can 't see a thing, with this bloody bag on mi 'ead. "

Carry On Chesterfield !!

Archived