The Helston Report - it doesn't exist.

What a shocker, a conspiracy theorist making stuff up. Some of the posts on this section are beyond belief, people seem to read an article on t'internet and take it as gospel truth. I studied history at uni and if i'd even attempted to use some of the "sources" cited on here my work wouldn't have been accepted.

I find it very peculiar that the poster also said that if you called the central library on the telephone, then you probably wouldn't find it, but if you called in to them in person, then you would.

Yet i'm completely perplexed as to why someone would go to such lengths (including inventing a new word) so proove a point, unless they genuinely had read the report.

This is one of my favourites. Concerning the handling capabilities of a Ford Capri after a blow-out. Something to consider if you should find yourself in a similar situation.

.....Ive had blowouts at various speeds ranging from 30mph to 120mph in a 2.8 injection capri which some numpty had fitted remoulds to.No accident,not even a skid.blow outs rarly are the cause of accidents,crap drivers cause them and mainly done within the speed limits.

Did you know that a blow out at 90 is safer than 30?

The reason is the air at 90 will lift the car and less pressure is on the tyres.

Next time you have a punture drive on it ,at low speeds the car will be all over the place,raise the speed and you will not know,although after some time the tyre will either fire or dislodge.

Unfortunately the poster is now dormant and the source of the information has never been found

Recently another poster appears to have invented the 'Helston Report' in order to support an argument they were trying to make. This report (allegedly about the impact of corporal punishment on children ) cannot be found on the internet nor on the Central library catalogue were the poster claims he'd read it.

Not a crime, but a bit silly....how far would you go in inventing evidence to support a story?

If I may say so Halibut. Would it not have been better to ask said poster to prove the existence of this report, instead of starting an underground thread claiming that it does not exist? I am sure that I speak for others when I say you have shown a degree of cowardice in your approach.

Perhaps the poster is a little too smart for you, thus causing you to post in the shadows. Not sure if this is true, but this is how you are coming across.

Just an observation.

If I may say so Halibut. Would it not have been better to ask said poster to prove the existence of this report, instead of starting an underground thread claiming that it does not exist? I am sure that I speak for others when I say you have shown a degree of cowardice in your approach.

Perhaps the poster is a little too smart for you, thus causing you to post in the shadows. Not sure if this is true, but this is how you are coming across.

Just an observation.

Hiya Falpere ... or is it Mikmouse? (Anyone ever seen them in the same room?)

Two points...

Could you please explain how this clearly titled and explained thread is in any way "underground" or "in the shadows"?

...and...

He did ask him...

Archived