Dont suppose anyone knows a clever route to Queens Medical Centre-Notts?

I noticed quite a few people commenting on a recent question about commuting costs to Nottingham, so I guess a few people are doing it. Wondered if anyone who knows Nottingham well, can suggest a clever route to avoid the traffic? At present I go via Chesterfield bypass (I live in S8) on to M1 at J29, off at J26 then follow A610 along the main routes signposted and suggested by satnav. The main issue is the Notts section- it can take me 45 mins to get from QMC to the M1 on the way home at any time from 3-6pm. Is there a back route? :)

Rather than getting onto the Motorway at J29, carry on into Mansfield, head for the A60, takes you straight into Nottingham, then follow the ring road straight to QMC. The way back you may struggle due to ring road being busy, M1 will probably be your best bet.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

I did try the A60 route once when the M1 was closed and it took me 2.5hrs to get to work, but I dont know if that was because the M1 was closed. There seemed to be lots of villages & suburbs with traffic lights to get stuck at.

I think the route I usually use is the 2nd you suggest truman, which includes western boulevard & that is where I get quite stuck on the way out. Does the A52 route mean coming off at J25 instead of J26? I tried it before, but it may be quicker now that the road works are complete on the M1. Will give it a try again.

Someone said there is a back route from J26 rather than the 610 but the way they described it didnt make sense :confused:

Someone said there is a back route from J26 rather than the 610 but the way they described it didnt make sense :confused:

I think the way truman describes it would make sense as the alternative to the A610 from J26. Either that or A6002 to Bilborough then B6004, B690 to Western Boulevard. Have a look at Google maps.

At one time you used to be able to get in and out of Trowell services using the service road and then in through Wollaton.

;) I think I have seen people do this and wondered what they knew that I didnt

Will have a look into the other routes you suggest. Thanks :)

Archived