Dont suppose anyone knows a clever route to Queens Medical Centre-Notts?

At one time you used to be able to get in and out of Trowell services using the service road and then in through Wollaton.

Unfortunately, that route was closed off many years ago, and it is a traffic offence to exit/enter the M1 via Trowell services. Notts police have a motorway patrol office at the services station.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

I did try the A60 route once when the M1 was closed and it took me 2.5hrs to get to work, but I dont know if that was because the M1 was closed. There seemed to be lots of villages & suburbs with traffic lights to get stuck at.

I think the route I usually use is the 2nd you suggest truman, which includes western boulevard & that is where I get quite stuck on the way out. Does the A52 route mean coming off at J25 instead of J26? I tried it before, but it may be quicker now that the road works are complete on the M1. Will give it a try again.

Someone said there is a back route from J26 rather than the 610 but the way they described it didnt make sense :confused:

Yes, exit the M1 at J25. The roadworks are now completed, and the widening of the M1 has certainly improved the traffic flow between Junctions 28-25.

QMC is approx 6 miles from J25 on the A52. However, the A52 Derby-Nottingham road is extremely busy and you will encounter delays at peak times - but it is the shortest route to QMC from the M1, and probably the quickest.

There are a number of back routes you could try, but they will be busy at peak times. The ring-road should be avoided like the plague though!

One little tip: you might want to experiment by using the cut-through on the University of Nottingham campus (opposite QMC on the ring-road side). It's full of speed bumps, should not at all be used for any purpose other than visiting the university itself, and there is a lodge at the Beeston entrance where you may get stopped and asked for your business.

(If you do get stopped, just don't tell the duty officer that redrobbo directed you that way! :))

Archived