Sheffield bands 80's 90's

I'll widen your list to include some of the bands that I remember from the late 80s -

Marlowe

Tesha Kenzie

(travelled to London with my mate in the back of a van to see them in Dingwalls, Camden thus taking our lives into our hands!)

Cosa Nostra

The Reptile House

Edge of Faith

There's probably more that have completely slipped from my mind due to the passage of time.

Apart from several members of The Reptile House (one of which knows an ex-Tesha Kenzie member) I wonder what happened to these bands and their members?...

marlowe!

now there was a band!

their singer was mik fearnley, who helped set up darnall music factory. in fact he still works there.... runs it i think.

when my old band the f... city sh...ters rehearsed there mik would try and give us advice on how to sing and rehearse properly!

exept we didn't want to sing or rehearse properly!

i remember edge of faith and cosa nostra, from the 1990's... i think i played some gigs with them at the hallamshire in slbc and pasc.

not seen them for ages, but you could try the pasc/ un recordings website to ask around!:)

UPDATE... ooops, wrong band, edge of faith were that rock band weren't they? played maze bar late eighties?

somehow i'm mixing them up with ed-209...??!:loopy:

• 11 years later...

I've just stumbled across this post.....the band names are a real blast from the past.

I was the keyboard player in Tesha Kenzie.

2 of the guys, Mick (drummer) and Gilb (bass) are still gigging in different bands around Sheffield.

Bill (guitar) alas doesn't play anymore, which is a real shame as he was a very talented guitarist, I'm still toying with the idea to bag myself a workstation and DAW and mess about in a little home studio.

I remember the Dingwalls gig very well, it still haunts me having to pay £3 a pint for southern shandy dish water lager.