Obscuring Number Plates On TV

When Dom Joly was filming his Trigger Happy programmes, they would have to retrospectively get every member of the public that was caught on camera to sign an agreement, or else blur their faces out.

Most of the stunts were just innocuous silliness, but I did wonder with some of them how they had managed to get so many people to agree to publicly disclose themselves as plonkers. :hihi:

Some of them do a pretty poor job of obscuring the numberplates though - often forgetting to do it in some shots, rendering the shots where they have done it useless.

Yeah, I've noticed that too! Bit inept of them...

Faces are 'fuzzed' out on medical emergency type programmes when the person either refuses to give consent for their face to be shown on TV or they cannot be traced to ask their permission.

I guess this is a lot to do with patient confidentiality and the 'permission to share information' aspect that we health care workers are constantly being reminded about !

Archived