Anyone had problem with Surf washing liquid?

A few weeks ago I bought a bottle of Surf liquid which was on offer at my supermarket. I have never used a liquid wash wash before or Surf so this was a first.

I decided I would use it to do a dark wash containing my son's black school sweatshirt, which has been washed loads of times before using my regular washing powder.

When I emptied the washer I noticed that the sweatshirt seemed to have some marks on it, but I hung it out to dry anyway. After it was dry I noticed that all the cuffs had turned a brown/burgundy colour and there was some same colour shading on sleeves and hood.

I washed the sweatshirt again in case it was something in machine but this time it came out worse!!!!!!

I am going to email Surf and see what they say but was just wondering if anyone else had ever had any problems with this liquid before.

I only used Surf once, years ago. It didn't do anything to the clothes, but the smell was so strong and unpleasant to me I gave away what was left of the box. I don't have allergies or anything, so I don't know what the problem was. I just couldn't stand the smell. Oh, I used the powder if that makes any difference.

Good luck with the emailing. I've found that when you complain about a product, they invariably send you coupons for more of the stuff. :help:

Ive used surf powder before and the smell as above was too strong. Ive always stuck to the same powder and still do, even though I bought this on offer once and gave the box away! Stick to fairy powder and conditioner :thumbsup:

could there of ben a cloth with some bleach on it in the same wash load, as for the colour to have been lightened like that it sounds like a bleaching agent may have been present.

ive used surf powder before (normaly when its been on offer as not my first choice) but never tried the liquid

Carly 83.... No there wasn't a cloth in with wash.

It does seem like it has been some kind of bleaching, now wondering if it could have been fabric softener then instead if no one else has had any problems but in saying that I have used the same softener for years (Lenor) and never had any problems before.

I have emailed Surf but no reply as yet, doubt I will get one either.

We like to use comfort, its best for the kiddys...:( im allergic to some washing products and then other really dry out my skin, my other half suffers psoriasis so i have to get the stuff thats good for his skin and we obviously dont want my daughter getting any problems. comfort and Ariel have always been the best for us.

Archived