Are bees harmless ?

hi advice needed please at the bottom of my steps leadig to my back door there is a gap on the bottom stair which bees are busy in and out all day i dont want to disturb them as they are quite peacefully busying away but are they safe so close to the house and with walking over the nest entrance several times a day. can they turn nasty or will they bee ok . thanks.

hi advice needed please at the bottom of my steps leadig to my back door there is a gap on the bottom stair which bees are busy in and out all day i dont want to disturb them as they are quite peacefully busying away but are they safe so close to the house and with walking over the nest entrance several times a day. can they turn nasty or will they bee ok . thanks.

They can sting quite nastily. If you are worried you need to speak to environmental health. Don't ever try and disturb a Bees nest/hive on your own, it's a professional job.

hi i know we are short on bees thats why i asked on here for advice i wouldnt want them harmed but as i have to walk up the steps often i wondered if it was safe to just leave them i think il wait a while and see if i do get stung or attacked but up to now they are fine. how do i know if they are honey bees? thanks for replies.

hi i know we are short on bees thats why i asked on here for advice i wouldnt want them harmed but as i have to walk up the steps often i wondered if it was safe to just leave them i think il wait a while and see if i do get stung or attacked but up to now they are fine. how do i know if they are honey bees? thanks for replies.

Try and make some notes about what they look like - size, colour, stripes and what have you. Then have a look here - http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/life/insects-spiders/identification-guides-and-keys/bumblebees/index.html

bees are generally harmless docile creatures who will buzz around pollinating things oblivious to rest of the world.

wasp on the other hand aren't, and the best place to dispose of a wasp's nest is in the tracksuit bottoms of a passing chav, especially if he has them tucked into his socks.

Archived