Total Loss Buy Back

I initially accepted a payment in lieu but the garage has since found more damage. The insurance company are about to write it off (cat d) and pay me the difference. I would like to buy the car back because it is completely driveable but my insurance company sound like they don't want to sell the car back to me!

Can I insist on buying the my car back as salvage and at what percentage of the value?

Can I insist on buying the my car back as salvage and at what percentage of the value?

I dont think you can 'insist' stelios because if the car is written off it becomes the insurance company's property.

As a Cat D I'd guess he intends to get it repaired, or do it himself. It's only a write off down to cost, not safety.

If your insurance company won't sell it back, find out from the garage which salvage place takes it and get in touch privately.

Archived