If cow is beef, then what is cat??

Because thats what i'm having for tea if I can catch one of the little things!!

2 wood pigeons were nesting in my garden, now all thats there is a feathery mess!! It's bad enough cleaning up their mess, but cleaning up dead birds is another thing!:rant:

Are you sure it's cat? If the feathers have actually been chewed in half it could be fox.

Here we go again!! Blame the fox!

It was 100% a cat, I've seen it watching the tree before. I've had to chase it off. I don't think a fox would be able to climb the tree anyway.

The chances of a cat climbing a tree to kill a bird are close to zero. I've been watching magpies mobbing a pair of ravens nesting in one of my trees - it they were pigeons they would have been a feathery mess down below by now. Nature's a cruel beast.

The chances of a cat climbing a tree to kill a bird are close to zero. I've been watching magpies mobbing a pair of ravens nesting in one of my trees - it they were pigeons they would have been a feathery mess down below by now. Nature's a cruel beast.

You've not met my cat evidently. He will do ANYTHING to decimate a nest. When he has a bird it's his greatest prize, and he'll growl loudly if I approach him to take it off him.

He's brought actual nests home before now, makes a right mess :roll:

Cats are probably Feef ..... Cow = Bovine = Beef. Cats = Feline = Feef?

beef for cow, poultry for fowl, mutton for sheep and pork for pig meat, etc come from the old norman-french (if not before that)

Bboeuf

Porc

Mouton,

Poulet...

(have a read at the opening chapter of Ivanhoe where two Saxon serfs are having a discussion about the language.)

Archived