Old £20 note cease to be legal tender

A friend of mine has just told me it's the last day for the banks to change

old £20 notes.

Has this been in the news , I didn't know they were going out of circulation.

The banks have been very secretive about this and we're told "if you have any , you must apply to the Bank of England to get them changed".

and we're told "if you have any , you must apply to the Bank of England to get them changed".

Not a problem surely, just put them in the post. There'll be a form on the BoE website you can print out.

The BoE will replace torn notes as well. I sent them the bits of two torn fivers and got a cheque for a tenner in the post. OK, I was down the cost of a stamp, but I could live with that.

A friend of mine has just told me it's the last day for the banks to change

old £20 notes.

Has this been in the news , I didn't know they were going out of circulation.

The banks have been very secretive about this and we're told "if you have any , you must apply to the Bank of England to get them changed".

They havent really been secretive and i dont think the Banks, are the ones who actually athorize the changes in bank notes coin etc, the Bank Of England do, the bank's just handle the tender like anyother trader, when the new notes came out a few years back they said the old ones would be phased out, im guessing the bank of England have been swapping the notes for a few years, as its rare that ive come across an old style note in the past 6 months.

Archived