Should men call men darling?

I always thing that men calling other men love, duck, darling, honey, sweet cheeks or any other affectionate term seems overly homoerotic.

You mean it turns you on?

ho·mo·e·rot·ic (hm--rtk)

adj.

1. Of or concerning homosexual love and desire.

2. Tending to arouse such desire.

I come on this forum for some proper advice about a problem that I have and all I get is ridicule and innuendo.:rant:

ok so looks like uve been teased to much already so i won't go there, but would suggest you either turn a blind eye and ignore it or use a diffrent shop. or maybe reply with something like aye ive not got the boobs to be a darling hahaha )less likly to come accross offensive if your ligh hearted)

I recently started calling at a paper shop early morning on my way to work to get neccesities. On two occasions now I have been served by another man. One day around a fortnight ago when I went up to get served I felt sure that he said " What can I get you darling". I quickly shrugged it off dismissing it as my mishearing what he said.

I called into the same shop on Friday last and felt sure that he said "bye darling" as I was leaving. What should I do!:roll:

Surely this is not normal!:(

Of course it is normal!

Possible explanations -

1. The papershop guy is a fan of the late Charlie Drake (see post by Plain Talker)

2. Or, the papershop guy originates from down south where, especially in London, both women and men are addressed by the simple and non-discriminatory nomenclature of 'darling' (see post by boyfriday)

3. Or, the papershop guy has worked in the theatre, where it is a well accepted form of address, alongside 'luvvie'.

4. Or, in our post-industrial, capitalist society there is now an evolution taking place with the advent of the metrosexual - and your papershop guy, whilst heterosexual himself, may just be displaying an affinity with homosexual men. For a discussion on metrosexuality and even ubersexuality, just google the words alongside David Beckham.

5. Or, your papershop guy may just be oblivious to the interpretations that you, his customer, may be placing on what is is likely, in all reality, to be a friendly but harmless form of address.

6. Or, your papershop guy may be gay and simply fancies you!

Archived