Apology: "Homeopathy is not witchcraft, it is nonsense on stilts"

allowed to spendlots of time??

Like I said before, that consultation time is a defining characteristic of homeopathic treatment- right from it's inception, homeopaths recognised that it was essential.

But you are also claiming that the NHS does not allow that to happen; ergo, it cannot allow it for homoeopathic doctors either. If you're arguing that one lot should be allowed to do it and the other lot should not, you are the one demanding a biased study.

1. length of time (longer consultations than conventional medicine)

2. belief that that longer consultation is necessary for effective treatment

3. a focus on respect for the patient, communication, ensuring the patient is at ease and feels listened to

4. getting to know plenty of details of the patients whole lifestyle, much of which, in conventional medicine, would not be considered relevant

I'm sure a practicing homeopath could put forward lots of other distinctions

He's have to, because my conventional NHS GP easily meets all of those criteria. The average consultation when he sees my wife is half an hour plus, and he sees her a minimum of once a month. Usually more.

I note that that the various quackery advocates are not above passing themselves off as the NHS. Take a look at http://www.nhsdirectory.org

Among the other bunkum it includes crystals, dowsing, iridology, thought field, reiki and of course our thread favourite... homoeopathy magic water tonics.

What I want to know is who is the NHS Trusts Association. It appears to be a group of quacks who pass themselves off as being real healthcare professionals operating as a part of the NHS. They aren't.

No wonder the man and woman in the street is confused about this hocus pocus when the hocus pocus practitioners use such devious methods of obfuscation and deception. Some of these people should be going to jail.

• 2 months later...

Would you trust homeopathy with your kids health by giving them an injection of water instead of the MMR vaccine?

Homeopaths are offering "alternative vaccinations" which doctors say could leave patients vulnerable to potentially fatal diseases, a BBC investigation has found.

In other happier news it looks like homoeopathy funding is going to be withdrawn in Scotland. Who on earth will the Scottish College of Homoeopathy train now?

Would you trust homeopathy with your kids health by giving them an injection of water instead of the MMR vaccine?

Only if it's well diluted;)

In other happier news it looks like homoeopathy funding is going to be withdrawn in Scotland. Who on earth will the Scottish College of Homoeopathy train now?

English students? - They could offer them a discount on tuition fees.

• 7 months later...

Apparently the NHS is still funding nonsense on stilts homeopathy. I'm staggered that witchcraft is still considered to be worthy of public funding.

From the Telegraph

A third of primary care trusts in England are still funding the alternative medicine, according to the poll by the magazine GP.

It asked all of England's 151 PCTs if they funded homeopathy using Freedom of Information Act requests. Of the 104 that responded, 32 said they did still fund it.

Ten PCTs said they had ceased funding because there was no strong evidence that it was effective.

Those health authorities that are still funding it are doing so despite a plea by the British Medical Association (BMA) for no more NHS money to be spent on homeopathy.

Last February the House of Commons' science and technology committee advised that NHS funding should be stopped, saying there was a "mismatch" between evidence that it worked and government policy. However, in July the Coalition said homeopathy would continue to be funded, with PCTs responsible for making decisions locally.

Archived